Thursday, July 16, 2009

Miserable Joy

Well this has been quite a week. I wish I would have written every day because there was so much that happened and I want to be able to remember every minute.


This whole week could be summed up as what my friend Colleen called "miserable joy". (leaning heavily on the misery today) But also feeling so blessed at the outpouring of love from family and friends. I have been overwhelmed at the kindness and love that has been shown to our family.
Marsha brought over this beautiful picture this afternoon. I had never seen it before and was so moved and comforted by it's message. If you can't see it, it is a picture of two missionaries getting ready to go out. One is standing in front of the mirror and in his reflection he is wearing armour and Jesus is standing behind him with his hand on his shoulder. Marsha is such a thoughtful caring person. She always knows what is in my heart and I'm so blessed to have her for my friend.






Last night Stacey came over with this beautiful book she had made. She puts so much time and love into each page...I just bawled when I looked through it. The card she made for K.C. was amazing too. A picture of Jesus, and a quote from Bruce R. McConkie:" I am called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and has chosen mw to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts, my words are his words and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said,To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work."
She is so talented and generous with her love and time.
Later last night,Camille and I were sitting on the porch and Jerry and Debbie came over with a plate of cookies and a sweet card, Their son Josh served his mission in Moscow too.








Spencer was so sweet to come over to the MTC to see K.C. off and take some pictures for us.



We pulled upto the MTC and they directed us to the unloading area. The people there were really great. Very sensitive to our feelings and what we were going through. A couple of cute elders took K.C's luggage and then stepped aside so we could say good bye. We took a few pictures, had some final hugs and then he was gone. It was pretty rough watching him walk into the building. We all just stood there staring at the doors he walked through. Finally this lady came up and said "um..I hate to ask you, but I need you to leave now...there are lots of other missionaries that need to come through here today."



















This is the mean lady that told us we needed to leave. Just kidding...she was really nice.





Since this is going in reverse order, this was on the way to the MTC.


We were all talking about what our lives would be like 2 years from now. We all decided K.C. would come back even more handsome and wonderful than he is now. Kate will be married with a baby on the way. Camille will have another baby while K.C. is gone. Candice will start her own animal rescue facility and be caregiver and friend to many cats. Kelley will retire from the brick laying buisness and just be a regular buisness guy... open more emission stores. Kellen will be a famous lawyer by then and will be settled happily (in my mind) in Utah. I will open a stitchery store called "whats the point?" and sell my stitchery patterns. Lots of laughs and love and hand holding on the way down.



Katie did the sweetest thing for K.C. In one of Brother Wilcox's talks, he told about how when his daughter was on her mission, he wanted some way to be able to help and comfort her. So he made all these cards with different situations on them like "When you are lonely" "When you are discouraged" "When you are afraid" Then he had found several scriptures or personal experiences that helped with that situation. Katie liked the idea and made some for K.C. too. She really put some thought into each of these cards and every one was special and so meaningful as she bore her testimony through them. I know it is something that will bless his life while he is going through all these experiences. He is so loved by his sisters.

4 comments:

lessdirtydirt said...

Mom i'll help you line up the pictures ok? And then i'll kick you in the shins for making me cry at work. I love you very much.

Angie said...

What an emotional rollercoaster! I remember the feelings of letting them go and the tug at your heart. You want them to do what is right but the other part wants them to stay with you. I am so glad you have such a close family that can love and support each other. That helps alot with making it easier! Hang in there I am sending you a hug:)

Paula said...

I'm so glad you wrote down every detail of that day. It was such a blur to me, and I have a terrible memory anyway! I love you Mom. You are being so strong. He'll be back before we all know it!

Love Camille, signed in as you.

kat said...

YES, he is loved by his sisters! I can't even tell you how humbling it is to be able to be his sister. He is absolutely the perfect man in every way! Camille and I decided while reading his patriarchal blessing that we aren't letting him get married! :) love you mom