Saturday, July 4, 2009

And Justice for all


The fireworks were just too much for Olivia this year. We started out with some sparklers and she was liking those. Then Kelley got out the big bag of fireworks K.C. had collected from his pyromaniac days. The first ones he lit were these extreamly loud screaming ones that scared her to death. They lasted for what seemed llike forever and all the while she was covering her ears and crying " I don't like fireworks!"
We couldn't get her to settle down so I took her in the house and read her a story. She still lkept telling me she didn't want to do anymore fireworks. It took her quite a while to settle down. They were shooting off fireworks all over the valley and she was much happier to watch those ones from far far away.
















Megan had to go to court Thursday to finalize her divorce and get a schedule worked out for Ryder for the summer. Candice and I went to give some moral support. The divorce was not really an issue. They had come to an agreement that it was for the best interest of everyone involved. Then they had to decide what to do with Ryder for the rest of the summer while Megan is on tour. She will be traveling all across the country on a bus, but her mom is willing to take Ryder to some of the places she will be performing so she can be with him. It was really interesting to watch the two attorneys go back and forth, trying to make their own client appear to be a more suitable guardian for Ryder. Kevin's attorney was very experienced and seemed to twist every situation to Kevin's advantage. He made it seem like Megan had not spent hardly any time with Ryder and that her mother was trying to control everything. Then Meg's attorney got up there and disputed all of his charges and told the judge the truth of what had been going on. The judge was really good. She said she needed to go out and think about what she had heard before she could make a judgement. When she came back in, she told them she had looked at Megan's tour itinerary and had made up a schedule for them to follow that allowed Ryder to be with Meg for a good amount of the time this summer. The judge had really tried to make it fair for both of them and I think they were both satisfied.
These pictures are all in random order because of my superior blogging skills. Nope I still can't
do it.

I came home to a wonderful surprise Friday afternoon. Camille, Kellen and Olivia had gotten to our house about a day before I thought they were going to be there. So great to be with them again!






Candice came over and we baked on Saturday. Made this lovely patriotic cake.
Stacey and Cali came over and visited for a while that afternoon while the boys played ball.


























Making scrambled eggs with Grampa





















Lizzy loves it when Olivia rides her










.


Wait...no she doesn't.


















Camille tames the ferocious "Tiny" She at least gets him to stop barking for a minute.







What an absolute angel. Olivia is getting so big and so smart. She is so sweet too. She came running up to me when they got here and said "Im so glad we're here! I missed you grandma!" What really melted my heart though was while she was swinging, she started singing "I see the moon..the moon sees me" I was like "did your mommy teach you that song?" she answered by singing the whole song at the top of her lungs. Camille and Kellen are doing such a good job with her. She is very polite and always wants everybody to be happy!



Kelley was just moving a few rocks around in the fish pond and suddenly, it wouldn't flow down the little waterfall anymore... it would go under the rocks and not over them. Him and K.C. fiddled with it for quite a while, and realized how lucky they were to have had it work out so well when they first put it in. It really has to have everything just so to have it flow properly. So they took all the rocks off the top part, moved things around some more, brought in some new rocks and finally got it going again. He had gotten some real pretty rocks up Parley's Canyon and between him, K.C. and Kellen, they got them situated in the rock garden. Much easier said than done though. I bet some of those rocks weight over 300 pounds. I am always amazed at Kelleys strength. I mean I knew he was strong, but this is ridiculous.





K.C. is such a big help to Kelley. I love how he will just go and do things he can see need to be done, without waiting to be asked.
He spent a good 2 hours picking raspberries with me thursday morning, then cleaned off the stairs to the back gate , trimmed the tree, swept up the cement by the hut, then mowed the lawn.
He has learned how to work from Kelley, and I know that will be a great asset to him on his mission.



























K.C. was trying to catch the trout they had put in there last fall. It was nibbling on the other fish. He went right after the bait, but then figured out what was going on and hid down in the bottom. Haven't seen him since.

Kelley had to redo the little wall in the front yard. Piling the snow on it this past winter had taken it's toll and it was breaking to pieces. After a lot of hard work, it turned out really nice.




K.C. and Camille warming up after 3 hours in our refridgerator church.
I realized today at church that this was the last time I would be sitting next to K.C. in Sacrement meeting for 2 years. Had a bit of a meltdown, I'm sure people are looking at me like ...what's her problem? because they don't know whats going on inside my crazy head. Then Kelley gets up to bear his testimony and that did it...I was a real mess.
Heaven help me get through these next 10 days.














4 comments:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

A lady in our former ward described being the mother of a missionary as "miserable joy." It fits perfectly!

You have a lot going on at your house--enjoy the journey!!

Angie said...

As always love the blog! You always manage to make me laugh and cry at the same time. Just enjoy every moment you have left before he goes. How fun to have the whole family together before he goes. Wish I could be with all of you.

kat said...

I bore my testimony today as well and was doing everything possible to hold back the tears talking about the boy. I can't even imagine what this weekend is going to be like...Heaven help us all! Heaven help you to line up the words with the pics too-where the hell are Camille and Candice? Tell them to do something useful and teach a mom to blog! I can't wait to get there on Friday-I'm really missing out this week, great...and now I'm crying again!! See you soon!

stacey said...

no one was wondering about your tears cause most teared up with you as Kelley stood to bear his tender testimony! How lucky we are to have such great people in our lives who set such a great example! You'll get through these next few days because the Lord will be carrying you through them! Hang on dear! You know the ride, you've been there before! Love Ya!