Monday, July 20, 2009

First of all...many thanks to Camille and Candice for making my blog page cute! I know these past post have been really mixed up , but I got so far behind, I didn't know where to start. So it was kind of like I just threw up the past week and this is where it landed.
Also thank you Candice for being the computer genius you are and helping me save all those pictures. Your the best!

I couldn't let these pics go unpublished. Candice and Camille sporting my sister's dresses from 1974! We went up to see Grandma saturday and had a real nice visit.




Camille and Candice and I did some exploring around in daddy's garage. There is so much cool stuff to look at out there.
This old vice grip brings back a lot of memories. Whatever project daddy was working on, he would wedge it in here to hold it tight so he could have his hands free. (bike parts, lids for his milk cans,things he was painting, tools that needed repairing) It also was pretty entertaining to us kids and the grandkids as a nutcracker. You knew you were somebody if you got to go out to the garage with Grampa and crack nuts in the vice grip.


I knew I had seen that name somewhere before. Sorry Kellen.
All the girls pitched in and helped pick swazberries. We got a great big bowl...enough to do some bottled razzers. Olivia loved being in the forest of swasberries.
I had a pretty scary thing happen today. I had been doing laundry all morning and had set a basket of laundry on the stove to fold it. Then I went to walmart to get a few things to send to K.C. that he needed. I was just wandering around, not in any big hurry... for about 2 hours. I kept getting a feeling I should go home, but I dismissed the thought because I knew Kelley wouldn't be home till about 3 and I didn't want to hurry home to an empty house. When I pulled in the garage I smelled smoke really strong. I ran in the house and the whole kitchen was filled with smoke. It was so thick that you couldn't breath it. I think that was the first time I have ever been in smoke like that, that just choked you. I had a comforter in the basket that had smoke billowing out of it...looked like it was just about to burst into flames. I grabbed the laundry basket and threw it out the back door. The bottom of the basket was completly gone and the comforter was pretty much burnt up too. I must have bumped the switch on the stove with the basket when I set it there. Kelley pulled in right behind me, thank goodness and calmed me down and helped me clean up the mess. We were both so grateful it hadn't got out of control.
Ken -next door came over and said he could see the smoke pouring out of the house from his place and wanted to help.
I just can't stop thinking how very bad this could have been. I am such a bone head to not listen to the promptings I was getting. My gaurdian angels probably want to kick me in the head! I won't ignore them again.
Kelley was pretty wonderful and didn't yell or get mad. Just gave me a real long hug and said he was glad it wasn't worse.
Then he took me out for dinner (we both wanted to get out of the house..it was pretty stinky) Then we went to find some air fresheners and mailed K.C's package. He helped me do the corn and bottle the raspberries. Then went out in the garage and made me some frames. I love that man of mine.


2 comments:

kat said...

He really is the best. No wonder I can't find a husband...nobody compares to dad! You should probably call me when things like this happen. thanks, management

Angie said...

Its true he is a keeper! What a great guy to be so patient. I am glad that things didn't get to out of hand how scary! I am glad your ok and so is the house. Those dresses are styling the blue one my mom wore! The green one looks like it could be worn today. I love how many treasures you can find and grandmas! What a fun place to grow up huh?!