Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Вы серьезные Кларк?



So we have been waiting quite impatiently for K.C.'s mission call. Pres. Child had told K.C. it would be here in less than 10 days and that was two and a half weeks ago. We were thinking that maybe it was delayed because of General Conference, so we were thinking for sure it would be this week.



Camille and I stopped at the mailbox on the way home from racquetball and there was nothing! I checked again about 11:30. Still nothing. K.C. came home from school about 12:00 and wanted to be able to get it before he had to go to work. So I called Merrilee and asked her to call me when the mailman came. About 12: 30 she called. K.C. and I went down to the mailbox and the mailman was just putting the mail in the boxes. He said " I think I know what your waiting for" then he handed K.C. the big white envelope from "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" We were so excited. We got Katie on the phone and Candice came over from work and Kelley got home and we were ready. Kelley said a special prayer asking that K. C. would be happy where ever he was called to serve and be a faithful servant to the Lord. The tears started before he even opened it. He opened it and read it out loud. He is going to Moscow Russia! Wow we were all so surprised. Hadn't really even thought of that place. Although I did dream the other night that he was going to Lithuainia Russia (kind of a combination country). But then I also dreamed that he was going to another made up place called Geico, Florida. K.C. was pretty emotional as he read the rest of the letter. He has a great trust in the Lord and knows that this is where he is meant to be. We started thinking of people we knew that had served in Russia...Cousin Phil, Josh Smith, Jason, Katies friend. I think for a time they stopped sending missionaries there because it was too dangerous. Things must be better now. Anyway, he is supposed to report to the MTC on July 15. We are all so thrilled for him and give him all of our love and support. He has amazing faith and testimony and desire to do what is right, I know he will be a wonderful missionary.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Congrats KC! That is so great we can now have 1 more person in the family to tell us what Olya is secretly saying:)I am really excited for him he will be a great missionary.

Holly said...

Wow...Moscow! I know KC will be an awesome missionary. Congrats!

Camille said...

I think I'll buy a summer home in Geico. Sounds warmer than Lithuania, Russia!

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

What an awesome two years your family is going to experience! I'll be happy to read all about it! K.C. will be blessed by such great family support. And Russia will be blessed by K.C.!!