Monday, April 27, 2009

No Cats in America!



K.C. and I had just enjoyed a great sacrement meeting and Bishop Burns gets up and says they wanted to welcome all the visitors that were there that day, and a special welcome to Chris and Andrew Jensen. We turned around and they were sitting on the back row. After the meeting was over, we headed back to talk to them and Andrew comes running full blast at us and hollaring K.C!!!!. He about plowed him over gave him a big hug. Then he went up to several ladies in the ward and kissed them on the hand.

After church, I called Grandpa and invited him and Pat and Chris, Andrew and Spencer over for dinner. Candice came over and we made a big pan of chicken noodle soup and some rolls and a cake.















After dinner, we had a good time visiting with them. K.C. had his friend Jared over so he got broken in to "the Jensen family" real quick. Andrew had lots of funny stories to tell us, but kept repeating "No cats in America!!" and also " I broke my dads camera" I asked him about the cats, but he just kept saying "No Cats!" I guess We'll never know why.











It was good to spend some time with Grandpa.


He still gets around pretty good and can still work in the yard and plant a garden. I'm glad that Pat is there with him to keep him company now.
It was especially nice to listen to Kelley and Chris remenicing about their childhood. It really is amazing that either one of them survived when you hear all the crazy things they did.
They have always been there for each other though, and have a special bond that is different than the relationship they have with the other brothers. Whenever something happens, Chris always calls Kelley first and Kelley does the same for him. They are very supportive of each other and will drop everything to help and support each other in what ever is going on with them and their families. They had a pretty rough time growing up, with their dad working out of town all the time and Maxine at the end of her rope physically and emotionally, I think Kelley became the caregiver and protector to Chris.
Anyway it was great to hear them laugh and talk about their lives...Kelley seemed a little stressed after long sunday meetings, and needed to vent. Chris was a counselor in his bishopric a few years ago, so he can relate to what Kelley is going through.
I always know who Kelley is talking to on the phone when I hear him laugh. He only laughs like that with Chris.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Its kind of weird that your comment button is clear down your post? That is great that Kelley could see his family and be so close with his brothers. I am sure I have met them all but probably wouldn't remember them too well. could you email me yours and camilles addresses? My email is angelinaocean@gmail.com
Thanks! love ya

lessdirtydirt said...

I do love and cherish that special laugh dad gets around Chris. I LOVE LADIES UNDERPANTS

stacey said...

candice loves ladies underpants?????WHAT!
andrews comment-"no cats in America" it's the fiedel the mouse movie...but I can't remember the title....it's a song...oh wait...did you know that???
I love your blog! nothing like spying on a good friend of mine to keep up! I admire Kelley's relationship w/ his bros...I've always noticed it and I use that comment you shared once about his Mom's wish for them to take care of one another...that's what I want for my kids SOOO much! I hope they get it some day!
love ya!