Monday, April 6, 2009

Get a life















I really do have a wonderful life...but when I looked at what I had accomplished in the last month, it was kind of telling me that I need to get a job or something. I have appreciated so much that I have been able to be a stay at home mom all of the kids growing up years. I know it was important to Kelley too and I appreciate how he would work so hard so I didn't have to. I love that I am able to be home when everyone comes home to ask them "How was your day?" and have something yummy for them to eat. I remember as a little girl, coming home everyday from school or friends house to find my mom there, busy working in the yard or the house. It gave me a sense of security that I wanted my family to have too. I hope it has been something that would let my family know of the love I have for each of them. So anyway, I think that now K.C is getting ready to go in his mission...(expecting call this wednesday!) I will look for a job.
They talked a lot in conference about change and how we need to be happy with the different stages in our lives. I will try to do better.

Conference was really wonderful. So many great messages that I really needed to hear! I was at mom's so it was great to be able to share that time with her. We both love the music and sing along to the songs, and both had tears coming down our face when Brother Holland talked about feeling alone. It was a very powerful message and made me think of the atonement with a greater appreciation for what He went through for us. She has a great love for Pres. Monson and prays that he will have a good day in every prayer.












When I got home later Sunday, I found out that Mark Scharman had taken K.C. to conference with him. He is a body guard for Pres. Monson so they got to sit on the front row. He said it was really great. That was so nice of Mark to think of taking K.C. Last conference Kelley went with him. He is a great friend to our family.
It was very cold and SNOWY while I was at moms so I couldn't do anything in the yard. I was grateful that Kelley could come up there and fix her bathroom door. Her house has settled so that the door wouldn't shut all the way. He sanded it down and fixed the latch so it would close very nicely. What a sweetie. It is a long ways to drive for just a short time. He is so good to me.

( I also came home sunday afternoon to a lovely dinner and a clean house. I love my guys!)

Last thursday our YW presidency went downtown to go to the YW Auxiliary training. We went to the Olive Garden to eat first and had a good time laughing and talking. I sure love those ladies. It is nice to talk about things and realize we are all going through about the same things at this point in our lives. It has been a wonderful experience for me to work with these great ladies. The meeting was in the Tabernacle and we sat next to a big group of ladies that had come from California. They told us how great their young women were that had stood on corners to support the Prop 8 issue and how people had yelled all kind of terrible things at them and even thrown things at them. They said it was a real test in standing up for what we believe in and they did it without wavering. The meeting was really good. They talked about the new value "Virtue" and how important and needed it is right now.













Candice came over last week and we baked! It has been a while so I really enjoyed having her here. We made some special cupcakes for Megan and sent them to her "virtually" because we both had a feeling this would be her last night.











She was the one with the least votes, but remained true to herself and caw-cawed across the stage. She held up pretty good till she talked about going home to her son, then she broke down. So did we.
What an amazing experience for her...Kara DioGuardi told her she will make records with her as soon as idol is over. Anyway I know lots of good things are in store for her. We get to see her on all the talk shows now and she will be home next week. Candice is so excited to have her friend back.







We also made brussel sprouts...mmmmmmm




Anyway what got me thinking about getting a life was looking at all these little creatures I have made for Olivia. They were really fun to make and turned out pretty cute! I sent the hippo to Olivia in the mail last week. I hope she likes it!

























I found the pattern for this spaceship with little people finger puppets in it at my moms. I think that's my favorite.

9 comments:

Angie said...

You are too cute! I cant handle all of the cute things you make I want them all! If Olivia doesn't want them mail them to me:) The spaceship looks very familar I think we all got them for Christmas one year but I dont know who made them. Maybe it was grandma but I lost the little space guys but still have the ship! I am glad you got to come up and stay with grandma she loves to have you there. Have a great week!love ya

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

You are so talented! Olivia is blessed by your investments--and the animals are adorable!

kat said...

Mom,I don't know if there is going to be any room for me to stay at the house this weekend with all of the animals!? You've been a busy little girl and of course there is a bag of brach's Easter candy corns behind the spaceship! xoxo

stacey said...

GEt a life??? honey, your life is the best. Even though my family is grown and gone, I would give anything to stay at home. I HATE change, but trying to listen and obey the teachings from conference as well and go with the flow! I feel so blessed that I was at home for so long, but it created habits that I miss SOOOO much! Enjoy your fam this weekend! and don't forget to let us know about the call! Love ya! stac

Angie said...

So a friend of mine saw your cute animals and she wants to know if you would make some for her?! She said she would buy them for whatever you wanted to sell them for! Let me know if that is even an option...

Holly said...

Hi Paula! I didn't know you had a blog. Can we be blog friends? I loved reading all your fun stories. You really are super talented. I would still love to get some more sewing instruction from you. Did Kat come over conference or is she coming for Easter? Happy Easter!!

Camille said...

I can't stop smiling! You are so amazing Mom. I hope I have skills like you someday!

kat said...

PS-You will never know how much it meant to have you home while I was growing up. I remember hated knowing when you were skiing or gone because I knew you weren't there. I was a dork...wait, still am! You're the best mom ever! xoxo

Angie said...

She was wondering how much you would charge before she can tell you how many she wants. She loves them all but it comes down to the cost. Could you let me know how much you think so i can tell her? Thanks your the best!