Monday, April 20, 2009

Good times in Arizona

We had a wonderful time with Camille and Olivia here for the week after Easter. Kellen had to get back to school so he flew home Sunday and our plan was for Candice and I to drive back to Arizona with Camille later in the week, then fly home on Monday.











Even though it was stormy and cold while they were here, we had lots of fun just being together! Liv liked scaring us with the aliens in her little space ship.









We dug out the old rocking horse that all the kids used to ride on.


We got up real early friday morning and started driving. When I say we I mean Camille drove (Candice and I slept.)

We got to a McDonalds in Flagstaff and went in for lunch. First thing Olivia climbs clear up to the top of the jungle gym and starts hollaring for Chewey to help her get out.
So Candice, being the sweet auntie she is, climbs inside and rescues her.


















It felt so good when we finally got there to be warm! It was snowing on the way down there and even in Southern Utah, it was windy and cold.



Katie got there late friday night and we all got up Saturday and went and did a little shopping. Olivia likes shopping at Trader Joes because they have cute little shopping carts just her size.


We went to the pool at their apartment complex and had a great time. The water was cold but it felt good cause it got really hot that afternoon.

















Olivia liked dancing with the froggie I made her.


We went to a great little market there where all the fruit and vegetables were really cheap! We got a bunch of strawberries and made a pie to take over to Gary for his birthday.
















Candice got an awesome sunburn while we were out at the pool. She did so good to get sunscreen on everywhere but right there!



When we were driving to Wilkinsons, Olivia was just jabbering about something. It was like she was trying to tell us a story and she was very adament about it! It was so funny...I just caught the end of it.









Gary and Bev have just recently moved into a beautiful new home, just a few houses down from where they used to live. We went over there Sunday afternoon to celebrate Gary's birthday. They made a real nice dinner for us and the kids had fun playing in their backyard.


Liv's favorite thing to do while we were there was to play hide and seek. She would usually go hide under the covers in her bed and sit there and giggle when we would say "Where is Olivia?" then she jumps out and says "here I am!"

I got to sleep in her room and she would crawl over into my bed at some point in the night. She is a little wiggle bug and would usually end up with her feet in my face, but when she would put her little arms around my neck and put her forhead up against mine, I couldn't think of anyplace I'd rather be.





3 comments:

lessdirtydirt said...

I am sooooo glad we went. Lets go again.

Angie said...

It sounds like you had a great time! I am sure you are liv's favorite with all the fun things you do with her. I bet you wish you lived closer but at least you get to see them a lot:)

ScHnEiToWn said...

Everytime I read your blog you make me cry. You are the sweetest person I know. I am glad you got to spend some time w/ Camille and Olivia. I vote they move back here!!
--Mickie