Saturday, August 20, 2016


We spent the nicest day together for our anniversary.  
We got up early and went out to the Ocher Mountain Temple.  The only time I had been there was when we took the young women there to do baptisms a few years ago.  It's a smaller temple so when you go in, they give you a card with the time of the session that you can go to on it.  We were the last two to get into the 10:30 session and the card Kelley got said wheelchair on it.  Ha ha we were wondering about that but found out what it meant when we got into the session.  There were not enough chairs so they set a chair in the isle for Kelley to sit in.  It was fine, just funny cause later, I ended up in the folding chair in the isle.  I'm not sure why they build smaller temples, when there are so many people in the valley that use them!  There were a lot of people waiting to get in! Plus, now the Jordan River temple is closed that makes it even more crowded.
I had a pretty cool experience a few weeks ago when Kelley and I went to the Draper temple.  Kim, Kelley's brother was working at the temple that day but had a different assignment than the session we were going through.  He came by and talked to us for a minute in the chapel then went on his way.  A few minutes later, another officiator came up to us and asked us if we would be the witness couple.  Ha!  Kelley figured Kim had put him up to it.  Anyway, it was a good session, I don't mind being the witness couple because it helps me stay alert and when I say alert, I mean awake.  And when I went through the veil, I had the nicest surprise.  There on the other side was Dan!  It was pretty cool.  We had a big hug, then he had to get back to work.  After the session, he came and found us while we were waiting to get our cards and talked for a while.
Anyway, back at the Ocher mountain temple, we had a good session, and on the way out, ran into Brother Larsen, his wife and sister as they were coming in.  I sure have missed seeing him and getting to do sealings with his group every month. I hope they will start that up again when the temple re-opens.









 We came home and  threw some things in the car and headed up to Strawberry for the evening.  Can't really think of anything I'd rather do than spend the day fishing with my honey.  Kelley might have different feelings about that after our day at the lake because I caught two fish and he caught 0! ha ha! Fishing was way slow though.  A guy on the dock said he had been there all week and had only caught 2.

 When the sun started going down, we headed over to a bank in east portal where we could pull the boat up for the night.  Kelley got out the anchors and got us all secured so we didn't float away.  We made up our bed up on the top of the boat and sat and watched the sun go down.






 And the moon come up.  It was quite romantical...until... the moon rose higher in the sky and it was light as day out there!  Ha!  So we thought ok, we can huddle down into our sleeping bags and block out the light, but then the geese started honking!  I don't mean a honk here and there.  It was like a convention of geese and they were all really excited about something.  They carried on and on and like it was their job and Kelley and I just looked at each other and started laughing.  We decided the geese/moon had won and went down inside the cabin to see if we could fit on the bed in there.  It wasn't quite as long as the bed upstairs and there are walls on both ends so there's no way to stretch out.  We tried curling up and spooning, and I was quite comfortable, but Kelley was falling off the edge and it was killing his knees to be bent up like that. So he threw his sleeping bag down on the floor and spent the rest of the night there. 

 Neither of us slept worth a hoot and it felt like as soon as I started to doze off, the sun started shining in the window. It was sure pretty up there.  We had a good time together and a night I think we'll remember!  
Couldn't be more thankful for this good man and the 38 wonderful years we have spent together.


No comments: