Wednesday, August 10, 2016


Toby and Michelle invited us to go shooting with them on the 24th of July.  Now if you know me, you know that I do not like guns. They scare me. But Toby assured me it was a environment that was non threatening and just a lot of fun so I said I would try.
Toby and Michelle have both been shooting for quite a while and have several guns. Michelle even has a cute pink riffle!   They are both really good at it too!
We went into the gun range and paid and signed this waver that made us promise we wouldn't do anything dumb with the guns.  Then they gave us a target to shoot at and some sound barrier ear phones and sent us back to the shooting range.  There was a room behind the range where you could watch.  I watched for a bit to see if I could get my gumption up to do it.  Then Kate was ready to switch me out, so I put my ear plugs on and went in the room.  My stomach got sick just walking in there.  Even with the ear plugs on, it was so loud!  
Toby got me a gun he thought would be easy for me to handle.  It was a rifle with a scope.  He showed me how to load the bullets and how to hold it and look through the scope. Ha ha the only problem was that I needed to squint my left eye so I could look through the scope with my right eye.  I cannot wink my left eye, only my right.  It was pretty comical explaining and showing everyone how I couldn't wink my left eye.  Ha ha after Toby could see I was hopeless, he took the scope off the gun and let me shoot it like that.  I shot all the rounds in the gun, then was ready to go back and watch again. Maybe it's something you have to get used to, but I don't  like shooting a gun.  Not at all.















I'm pretty sure if I was ever in a situation where I had to use a gun to protect myself, things would not go well.   I remember daddy used to keep his gun in the drawer of his desk in his den.  The only time I ever saw him get it out was when there was a mink getting after the chickens.  He knew he didn't have to worry about me getting into it. I was afraid to even look at that drawer!  ( I was a scardie pants when I was little and still haven't got over it!)

No comments: