Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sunday was such a nice day.  We went to church at the Dover ward and they had the best meeting.  Some really great talks.  One very embarrassing incident...during the last talk ( the Patriarch!)  I hear this weird harp music...oh my gosh coming from my purse!  I had turned the volume off on my phone so I was freaking out trying to figure why it was making this noise.  I grabbed my phone and tried to swipe the front to turn it off.  My hotel key card was like magnetized to the front of my phone!  I was trying to pry it off and it was harping away and KC was trying to help me turn it off. I tried turning the volume button down but it didn't do anything...just kept ringing!  I finally got the card off and swiped it so I could push the stop alarm button.  I hadn't set any alarms but Sam had my phone the day before so he must have accidentally done it.  Oh man I've never been so embarrassed.  I absolutely despise when someones phone starts ringing in church!  I don't have a lot of pet peeves, but this is one of them.  What is even worse is that  the kid that was a youth speaker even mentioned turning off your phone in church.  And what is even worse than that is that when the girl that spoke and gave a lovely talk about listening to the promptings of the Holy Ghost was talking, I received a distinct prompting that I should turn my phone off.  I thought, "well that is dumb, cause I turned it onto silent before I came in to church" and I disregarded it.  I received the same prompting two more times before my phone went off.  I am such a bone head.  I'll tell you what...I'll listen next time.  (seriously couldn't have been any worse...we were sitting up towards the front and the Patriarch totally made eye contact with me (not in a mean way...just like he had been watching me freaking out trying to turn it off and thought it was funny) after I turned my phone off. I would have liked to crawl under the bench and hide till everyone left the building.
After the meeting a lady that was sitting on our bench told me that was the funniest thing she had ever seen. hmmm
   Later that day, we went to the Newport Beach Temple to walk around the grounds.  For some reason, the gates were all closed so we took a few pictures outside the gates.




 We took KC to the airport later that day...hated to see him go, but he had to go to school on Monday.  He really is the best kid...just a joy to be with.
That evening we drove down to Laguna to the Montage (Treasure Island Park)  It has got to be one of the most beautiful places on earth.  We walked on the beach and watched the sun set.  Lovely end to a perfect day.















 These pictures sure don't do this sunset justice...it was incredible.
















No comments: