Thursday, November 1, 2012

Can I just start by saying I have the best husband in the whole world...
Sunday morning, I woke up with this dumb little cough..one of those that won't stop...every time you try to talk, a cough comes out instead.  Not cool since I had to speak in church. 
I  was praying with everything I had that  I could just get through it and loaded up my bag with cough drops and a water.  I didn't dare take any cold  medicine cause it always makes me feel goofy and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to think straight.
Suzy, Bonnie and Stacey all gave really great talks...seriously, I am so lucky to have these great women to serve with.    Anyway, I was the last speaker, so I had had lots of time sitting there sweating bullets  to devise a alternate plan for when I got up there and couldn't stop coughing,  I had decided I would have Katie come up and read it for me!  HA! I knew she wouldn't mind...she is just really great like that.
Well so I get up there and start talking and there is no coughing...none at all! I was able to get through my whole talk without coughing!   I was thoroughly surprised and so so grateful to have my prayers answered! 
I knew that I had been truly blessed to be able to give my talk because I went down hill quickly after that.  My head and body ached and I was coughing non stop.  I felt nauseated and light headed when I would try to get up.  I don't get sick very often and when I do, I can usually power through it and keep going.  I tried to get up Monday morning, but ended up going right back to bed.  I tried to get up later, but only made it to the couch.  I decided I might as well give in and admit this nasty bug has kicked my butt.  Tuesday, I thought...would be better.  Nope.  Tuesday was worse.  My body hurt everywhere and my head was pounding.  At this point, my ribs were hurting from coughing so much and each cough made my head throb. 
 What a nice surprise to see Kelley coming through the door with flowers for me.  He's so thoughtful!  He could see I was feeling pretty crappy, so he put me to bed, then went to get me some better cold medicine.  He got some night time stuff that would help me sleep...and I did until about 1:00 am., then I was up coughing again.  That was a bad night.  I thought sure I would feel better by Wednesday though...I just had to!  It was Halloween and I needed to make popcorn balls! 
I woke up feeling about the same though...still coughing my head off.  Kelley told me to just stay in bed...he would take care of the popcorn balls....
So he went to the store and got a hot air popper. ( he does not approve of the microwave popcorn!)  Then he went to town popping corn. He filled about 4 big plastic bags full of popped corn!   By this time, I drug myself downstairs and just sat there watching him.  It was very entertaining and made my heart just want to burst with love for him!



 He ended up making about 150 popcorn balls...all wrapped up and ready for the trick or treaters. 
He is truly the best.
Felt bad I couldn't enjoy the friends and neighbors coming around trick or treating...That's always so fun to visit with old friends that have moved away, but come back for a popcorn ball and to say hello. I was pretty much wiped out on the couch all night.  Went to bed early, then about two, I woke up and  had the most wonderful feeling...the aching in my body and head had stopped.  I wanted to get up and do cartwheels!  My cough is still there, but it's looser now and I can tell it's getting better.
Boy, a week like this sure makes me grateful for the good health I've been blessed with... and how lucky I am to have a good husband that takes such good care of me, not to mention one that would make 150 popcorn balls because he knows that it means a lot to me.
Don't know what I did to deserve him... 

1 comment:

Angie said...

I am sorry that you were not feeling well! I hope you are doing better. Kelley is a peach to always help you out! What a great guy.