Saturday, December 31, 2011

We decided to brave the cold and go up to see the lights at temple square.  There were a million people there but it was worth the pain of fighting traffic and parking.



So beautiful!





When Kelley got home Wednesday afternoon, he still had the finishing touches to put on the cedar chests.  We had ordered the hardware ( corners, hinges, latches) for them online and arrived on Thursday.  Then he had to put the cedar lining in them. 
Many hours later...





 Voila!  They turned out amazing!   We were both kind of giddy with excitement to give them to the girls.  I picked out some of my favorite embroidered pillowcases that I had inherited from  my grandma, and put them in ...along with some dish towels that had been embroidered on too.
I know people don't do hope chests or trousseau's so much anymore, but it felt like the right place for these special things. 
 It was like a whole new celebration when Kate got here Friday night. 
She gave Liv her Christmas present a little early...an American Girl Doll! 
Oh my goodness, I don't think Liv has put it down!  She just loves it!


Three dolls!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Glad you had so much fun for Christmas!