Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Rubber Band Man

I've been collecting these pictures for several months now...Kelley's strangeness must be documented.
Last night at the Relief Society party they wanted us to all get to know each other so they had a list of several questions  and we would go around the table and answer the questions...then change tables and do the same with a new group of ladies. 
Well one of the questions was  to tell something personal  and unusual about yourself.  I told about my unusual husband.
I guess I should tell how this started....For as long as I can remember, Kelley has been taking the rubber band off the newspaper in the morning and just flinging it anywhere.  I would find them all over the  place.  What does he think?  That they just disappear or disintegrate or something?...It must have a connection to his thinking that the clothes he throws on the floor next to the hamper somehow magically just jump in the hamper while he is at work.
Anyway, one day a while back, I had finally had it.  I said "Can't you think of something better to do with those rubber bands"?...Do you think I like picking them up every day?"
Well from then on, this is what I wake up to.
And these are only a few of his rubber band-plastic bag...(don't forget about the rainy day newspaper)
creations. 





Sometimes they don't even have anything to do with the rubber band.  He will just fill my purse with random items....yarn, cans of soup, bananas, you get the idea.





The worst is when I don't notice what he's done till I get to the store and go to get out my wallet and find it securely bound with several rubber bands to my lotion, sunglasses and drink mix.  I've got some pretty strange looks from the clerks.  I try to explain about Kelley, but then they look at me like I'm even stranger.







 Ok this was a good one...the contents of my purse, in newspaper bag, wrapped with duct tape.....one day he got my cafe rio left overs ( that I adore) and wrapped them so tightly with duct tape, I had to cut it open with scissors.   He is creative...I gotta hand that to him.



The other night I stayed up pretty late so when I went to bed, I was about half asleep.  I laid down and thought my pillow felt pretty hard, but was too tired to do anything about it.  I woke up in the middle of the night ( as usual) and was like..what is wrong with my pillow???   So I turn it over and inside the pillowcase were Kelley's dress shoes.  Really dear?
I thought he would lose interest in this whole thing, but that doesn't seem to be happening...it's more like a challenge to come up with even more strange things to do with rubber bands now. 
He never fails to amaze me (or make me smile.)

3 comments:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

It means he never stops thinking about you--and then you are constantly reminded of him, as well. Win/win. Forget the store clerks!

Angie said...

this is hilarious! I can totally see him thinking all day of what he is going to do the next!

ScHnEiToWn said...

I love this! Totally made me laugh out loud in bed all by myself!