Friday, December 30, 2011

Lotta Joy

That's pretty much the only way to describe the last few weeks.
This Christmas season was truly wonderful as we were able to have our whole family with us this year. 
Many happy memories were made and are stored safely in my heart.
The next few posts will be  from some of my favorite moments.

Every year we like to make a little something for our friends and neighbors for Christmas.  It's become a tradition for us that we truly enjoy....to remember those who have touched and blessed our lives the past year.
Kelley spends hours out in the garage cutting out, sanding and staining the wood, then he will bring them inside for me to finish up. ( He usually helps me do that part too!  He is such a good painter, I think it drives him crazy to watch me paint!)
Anyway, after all was said and done, ...cut, stained, sanded, painted... the letters needed to be sanded one more time. 
I asked KC if he wanted to help me.  I had heard him talking to his friends on the phone earlier, but didn't know they were planning anything.  He took one look at the gozillion letters sitting there and said  "sure!"  Then he went in the other room and called his friends back, telling them he had decided to spend the afternoon with his mom instead of shopping with them.
That meant a lot to me! 





1 comment:

Angie said...

Wow talk about taking on a huge project! I hope your neighbors loved the gift!