Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Love my grand kids!

I got to skype with my little sweeties last night.  Oh my gosh, I just want to reach through the computer and squeeze them!  Missing them so much right now.

Camille keeps me going though with several pictures every day of what they are up to.
It seriously makes my day!
Apparently, Sam is a climber.

I had planned on being in Arizona for Sam's birthday, but due to some really lame planning on my part, it didn't work out.
So I sent Sam his birthday present in the mail.  I had been working on this doggie ( and I have to say, taking quite a bit of grief because  of the looks of his yet un-attached appendages) for quite a while.  I thought he turned out pretty cute.  Hope Sam likes him too!

When I was getting the package ready, I was talking to Camille and she was telling me how much Liv liked the movie Puss n boots.  Since seeing the movie, she has decided she wants to be a cat.
Camille was telling her about the kitty costume I made when the girls were little, and wondered if we still had it.  So I went out and rummaged through the Halloween boxes till I found it.
It was in kind of sad shape...losing it's tail stuffing  and parts falling off...so I fixed it up and put it in the box with the other things.
The package got there really fast...only two days, so I was surprised when Camille sent me these pictures.  Then Liv called and thanked me for sending it.  " I loooooooove it grandma!" 
Camille says she hasn't taken if off.
Why wouldn't you wear it to Costco?




So anyway, back to the skyping...we had a bad connection, so they kept breaking up, but we had a few great moments of Liv singing Santa Clause is coming to town, and Sam clapping his hands and waving at me.
Gosh I just want to be with them so much.  At church Denise Cox asked me if I had any big plans for Christmas.  I seriously just started to cry when I told her how excited I was to have all my family coming home for Christmas. ( I know, I am kind of an emotional wreck right now...also cried when I was talking to Deby about the sister missionaries talks and during the musical number and sacrament hymn...thats not cool when your conducting) 
Denise said, Oh do they have to take turns coming to your house for the holidays?  and I told her yes...plus my daughter with my grand kids lives in Arizona, so I have sure been missing them all! I miss seeing the joy of Christmas  through their eyes....I mean, that's what makes Christmas so wonderful...seeing the wonder and excitement in their faces.  I long so much to share these grandma moments with them!  She was like "okay psycho..it will be alright".  no, she was very kind and gave me a hug and said she understood.
I know someday they will come back to Utah, but for now, well this stinks.
 I have been trying to fill that void with other things and reaching out to others surely makes me happy.  Maybe the circumstances in my life right now are supposed to be teaching me something...I know I have a lot to learn...( another meltdown moment in Sunday school a few weeks ago when we were reading in Hebrews...This scripture jumped out at me and I knew it was Heavenly Father trying to comfort and instruct me...It says in Hebrews 12:1..."Let us run with patience the race that is set before us."  That spoke to me in a way that touched my very soul and shifted my way of thinking.  
I've been having the biggest pity party for myself as I look around to see every other grandma enjoying going to see Santa with the grand kids...going to see the Christmas lights... making sugar cookies, decorating the tree and having family get togethers. I'm a good grandma and dang it  I want that too!  But I think Heavenly Father was telling me to be patient with the race I'm running right now... It gives me hope and a feeling of peace if I  think of that scripture  when I get to feeling jealous and sad.
 So for now...I'm trying to be patient....So grateful for the sweet pictures Camille sends me...(I appreciate them more than she could know!...helps me feel like I'm still connected and kind of there with them)...  being able to talk to them on the phone,  and skype.  I'm looking forward to Christmas time when we can be together!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I know its gotta be hard to have them far away. Its awesome that you have skype! your a great grandma and they know you love them very much and that means the most.