Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Grampa!

I just have a few (not very good) pictures I took at his party.  I'm so glad Suzie will open up her beautiful home to throw a party for him every year.  It's a time when we get to honor this special man and also see all the Jensen family...and that's quite a treat! 
What a diverse bunch of people!  Each one has a unique story that has led them on their own  path of life.  Many years of shared life's experiences... joys and sorrows have brought us close to each other. I feel blessed to be a part of this family.
So grateful for these two and how they put family first. I love how all the kids support and love each other...making the extra effort to stay close and aware of what is going on in each others lives,  even through they are so far apart.
Oh I wish this one would have turned out!  Getting all these brothers together doesn't happen very often!
I can hardly believe he is 92 years old!  He is still very active...can get around really well and serves in the temple every week.  He was out doing yard work until the ground was covered with snow.  Now he spends time reading and making all kinds of things on his knitting looms.  He's done lots of hats, scarves and place mats for all the family.
We didn't get to visit with him very much at the party, so we went over to visit him last night.  He is always so happy and grateful for a visit.  He is positive and doesn't complain.... but is  also very down to earth and honest.   I love to talk to him.  He always has a good story about something that has happened...either yesterday, or 30 years ago.  It amazes me that he can remember events and details so well.  Kelley is like that too.  I  sure wish I was!
Sure am glad that he is still with us....It's just comforting to know that he is there...I know he is ready and longs to be with Maxine again though...
Not yet...please?

2 comments:

Angie said...

what a sweet man he is its great that you were able to celebrate with him.

lessdirtydirt said...

Not yet please. Feels like we still need him for just a little while longer...