Thursday, July 7, 2011

Kelley has been wanting to do a little renovation on the pond.


But I should have known he can't do anything just a "little".


We have wanted to have the water fall be a little different so that involves moving the gigantic rocks. Kelley is seriously the strongest man I have ever known...I couldn't believe what I was seeing him do!


We are also inheriting the fish from mum and daddy's pond, and wanted to make the pond a little bigger to accommodate them....so needless to say this has turned into a major project.


He is so funny though. He is truly scared of spiders. ( and there are a lot of angry spiders out there in those rocks)


So this is how he deals with them....He approaches the area he wants to work on, then starts making noise...stamping his feet and banging things around to scare them away. Then he will say things like " You better run suckers...I'm coming to get you."


Then as they scatter, he starts smashing them ( he doesn't appreciate it when I tell him how I hate squishing spiders, so I just carry them outside on a piece of paper if I find one)


Then he gets his broom and cleans their remains off the rock before picking it up.
If you didn't know how scared he is of spiders, you would think he was just kidding....but he is dead serious! He makes me laugh!



He caught the fish ( not an easy task! lots of hiding places!) and put them in their temporary home...



Ha Ha! Genius!Ok...this was pretty funny...wish I could have witnesses it, but I appreciate Kelley telling me about it.


So when he got all the water pumped out of the ponds, there was still a lot of stinky fish poo and sludge in the bottom. Kelley was bucketing it out and throwing it into the garbage can. Well he was up by the top pond and got a big bucket full...and being right there by the wall, he decided to throw it over into Joey's backyard instead of putting it in the garbage.


As soon as he threw it over, his feet went out from under him and he slid right into the pond. Ha Ha! Karma? I think so! We laid the hose out in the shape we want the outside wall to be...











Kelley starts digging. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

No comments: