Thursday, July 7, 2011

This and that from the past few days...I was thrilled when these snap dragons came back from last year. They never looked like this last year though...they are so tall and beautiful! We had to stake them up cause they were so top heavy!

Kelley took a break from the pond and we went up to Candice's to help a little bit on her house. He put a coat of mud on her ceiling....got a little big messy!Candice and I made him a batch of nutty cookies for payment.Yes that is Kelley eating a vegan cookie. They are fabulous!







There are a ton of peas in the garden! ( I've already picked two more bowls since these three and it's time to pick again!) There were a long time coming because of the cold weather, but now they are fabulous! I've been freezing them, but I think I will make a chicken and veggie pot pie with the next batch. That was probably my favorite thing that mum used to make and we would have it for Sunday dinner. She would get all the new vegetables right from the garden...baby peas, carrots, potato's...put them in a lovely creamy sauce, then a yummy crust on top!

Candice came over Sunday and wanted some braids...challenging! (Yes, she is still very tender headed! owwwwww!, sorry, owww, sorry, owwww)

We were going to go fishing on July 4th, but Kelley was in the pond up to his neck (literally), so we went bright and early on Tuesday.

It was a beautiful day and we all caught fish!

Dan...5, Me...4 Kelley...1...it was a big one though...right dear? he he








I didn't sleep much the night before, and with the gentle rocking of the boat and nice warm cabin waiting for me, I went down and had a nice nap.

Later, Dan was telling me about something he found that has helped him sleep. It was from this natural foods store called Dave's. He has made a concoction that you spray in your mouth and it's supposed to help you sleep and go back to sleep when you wake up in the night....that's my problem...waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to go back to sleep.

We stopped on the way home and picked some up. He had a tonic for about every problem you can think of.

So before I went to bed, I sprayed it in my mouth. I woke up at 2:00 ( as usual) but felt strange and groggy...not all perky and ready to run around the block like I usually do.

I was going to give myself another spray, but felt so groggy, I just rolled over and fell asleep.

When I woke up ( to Kelley sitting there looking at me like he was checking to see if I was still breathing) I was still really groggy. I laid there for a while, then started feeling better.

I think it's a good trade off...if I can get that much sleep ...it's worth it to me!

No comments: