Friday, July 29, 2011

We do stuff

Yesterday we went to the zoo with Stacie (I'll do another post for that...so fun!)


and she asked us what we had been doing for fun since Camille's family has been here.


Couldn't think of anything spectacular...just enjoying being together, doing the everyday things that we do.
When I looked back through my pictures though, it jogged my memory a bit.


Liv helped me pick raspberries and pull weeds.
She found a potato bug and loved him to death. Literally.


We went shopping for a new sewing machine...found a nice Singer at Costco that has all the bells and whistles. It's quite a step up from what I've had.
I have been wanting a new one for quite some time, but figured as long as my old one was still going, I would keep using it. The other day, I was working on my trek apron, and it started skipping stitches. I tried all the tricks I knew to fix it, but to no avail. So then I asked Kelley if he would oil it and tune it up a bit.
He took it apart and found all kinds of big dust bunnies in it. Got it all cleaned out, then when he tried to put it back together...that didn't go so well. There was a little spring that he couldn't fit back in. So then I was going to take it to a repair shop to have them put it back together... We got talking about it and decided it would probably cost a bit to get it repaired, and maybe it was time to let it go and put that money towards a new one.
This is my old one...looks kind of sad sitting there on the rack at the DI. Mum and daddy gave it to me for my wedding present! It holds many memories of the countless things I have sewn over the years. It got me through many years of sewing for the girls when they were small. We didn't have money, but I did have a lot of fabric I had accumulated from working in the budget fabric department at ZCMI, so that was how I dressed them. It was a necessity, but also something I loved to do. It has been a great sewing machine and has served me well for the past 32 years! ( I could still see the letters M O M that KC put on the front of it with clay when he was a little boy....made it hard to drive away from!)






Kelley jr.


Kelley trying to "man" Sam up while he's in charge babysitting...



We made ice cream the other night...couldn't figure why it was taking so long....hmmmmmm, forgot to put the paddle in. Ha! It was still good!




Liv and I went exploring up in the top of the hut. Played dress up and had a picnic.




Camille making her own baby food. She's learned to be quite thrifty!



Can't even express how wonderful it is to have Camille's family here.


Haven't stopped smiling.



It's like that song that Janice Kapp Perry wrote called "Surround yourself with joy"


One of the verses says to surround yourself with children....cause in them you'll feel the joy!


So very true!


No comments: