Friday, July 8, 2011

Irrigation and stuff



Kelley and I went up to Mum's to do the irrigation on Wednesday.



We thought we would catch a few fish from the pond to bring home.



Well that's easier said than done.
They are just basking in the sun right there at the surface...you'd think you could just reach in and grab them. No! They are speedy little suckers and just when you think you have one, you come up with empty net!



We chased them all over the place. I caught two by trapping them up against the wall.



Then I turned the net over to Kelley







He wasn't having much luck on this side cause they would go hide in the plants. So he came over to this side. I was pointing out where I was seeing some and he tried to get closer to them, but stepped on a board on the bottom that turned into a teeter totter and he went down...all the way up to his neck down.



Oh man we were laughing so hard!...until he realized his phone was in his pants pocket.



We tried to dry it out, but it was a goner.



He did catch the fish though.







I sure like it when Kelley does the irrigating...he makes it look so easy.

Thanks so much sweetie!








1 comment:

Angie said...

such a lot of work to irrigate I dont know how grandpa did it all those years!