Monday, January 24, 2011

A few sweet moments from the last few days...
Olivia is obsessed with the boat. She wants to play on it all the time. She can climb up the little ladder all by herself and get on the boat.
She wanted me to come out and play house with her today. She is the mother, I am the daughter...."get the net daughter....theres a big dog-fish (Lizzy) out here!"
The boat is a big mess! We have accumulated a mountain of bags with the "perfect lure" (this one is guarenteeeeeed!) in it from all of the trips Dan makes to Cabela's.
Not to mention all of the varieties of sparkly, rainbow colored, super stinky cheese. Anywho... Camille and I decided to tidy up a bit. We sorted all the lures and fish line and hooks and stinky stuff into their proper tackle boxes, wiped everything down and cleaned out the cabin.
It was a nice day...probably in the forties. We played hopscotch too.
Olivia drew all the numbers on it....she is so smart!
Snuggling with Sam





Camille came to racquetball with me last week. We loaded up the whole crew.
Susan had brought the cutest diaper cake for Camille. Her and her daughter have made a little business of making and selling them. It was really darling. It had a bear on the top that sang "Jesus loves me...this I know" Susan is a sweet heart and a good friend.
We had fun playing again. Oliva was a good girl and watched a movie, and Sam cooperated most of the time....had a huge blow out, but Camille was prepared this time!



Olivia dancing around in her butterfly wings



Kelley trying to comfort Sam. It was funny in church yesterday, Camille and Kelley were sitting by the Scharmans in Sunday School and Kim was holding the Sam. He had a big noisy blow out. Then after Camille got him cleaned up, Mark wanted to hold him. Sam started fussing after a while. Kelley said "Do you want me to take him? Mark said "what are you going to do that I'm not?" But Sam kept fussing so he handed him over to Kelley. He immediately quited down. Kelley seems to have the magic touch with him. Mark was a bit ticked off.

Olivia and Kelley making a fire. She follows Kelley around like a puppy. Always wants to help him do what ever he is doing.



Warming up those cold hands. Hot Chocolate with marshmallows and grampa by the fire.
I told mom I was getting a package ready to send to KC. She said she would like me to write a few things to send to him from her. What a sweet message she sent to him!
Later when I got home from mailing the package, I came downstairs and asked her what she was watching on tv. She said she hadn't been watching it, she had been looking at the picture of her and daddy that's on top of the tv. She asked me if I remembered how many people there were at daddy's funeral. I said yes...the chapel and cultural hall were full. She said, "He spent his life serving other people....he was a friend to everyone." I told her that I remembered him always helping one of the neighbors or family, or sometimes a stranger that would come to see their beautiful yard. He was easy to talk to and have a laugh with...it wasn't long before the stranger became another friend.
She looked at their picture with so much love in her eyes...I could tell she was longing for the day when they would be together again.
I told her I thought daddy was preparing their well deserved mansion in heaven ( most exquisite of flower gardens of course) and waiting patiently (that's just his nature) for the time when she would join him. (I can just picture them out in the beautiful gardens...daddy will whistle his call to her that says "where are you?" and she will answer in her special whistle that means..."Here I am!" I heard it a hundred times while I was growing up. It was their way of finding each other in the enormous yard and somehow, was very comforting to me....You could sense the love between them as they called out for each other.
She said she hoped she had lived a good enough life that she could be with him.
If any two people could be anymore Christ like, or worthy of celestial blessings, I can't imagine who it would be.
Feel so lucky to be blessed with such very special parents.


2 comments:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

You help me reminisce about my own parents--and I thank you for that. It's a sweet trip!

Angie said...

looks like your having fun! I know they will be together again someday. I know she has been missing him a lot lately. I dont blame her after all the years they were together!