Saturday, November 20, 2010

Ok...that was cool.
I just got a phone call from Ann Dibb...President Monson's daughter! She said she had just returned from Russia and had got to spend some time with K.C.!
She is a counselor in the Young Women general presidency and they had gone over there with a General Authority to train the Young Women leaders in Moscow.
She said she was in Sacrament meeting and spotted these two handsome missionaries and introduced herself to them.
She said K.C. was very sweet and had a special spirit around him. She said he seemed happy and really positive about the work they are doing there.
She talked about the circumstances there...said it is not an easy place to be a Mormon. She said the average life of a man there is 56 years...due to alcohol and smoking and just general lifestyle.
She said Moscow city is very busy...so many people...and it looks like the whole place needs to be polished and painted. Kind of dirty and run down. She said the metro is way, way underground and the people pack in there like sardines. That's how most people get around.
She said that she had know K.C.'s mission president and his wife...they lived in Holiday not far from them and said they were great people.
She was amazed at the way the Elders could speak Russian so well...said the only way they could learn so fast and so well was with the help from the spirit. I agree...so does K.C.
We talked for a while...I remembered Martha telling me that she knew Sister Dibb from when she lived in Connecticut, so I asked her about it. She said "Oh of course...she would give me a ride to work every day!"
She was easy to talk to and very down to earth. Reminded me of the way her father talks to us. She said "I just wanted to let you know that your son is doing a great work over there right now...the people are ready and are searching for something better in their lives. She said when they hear about how they can have happy, eternal lives with their families it gives them hope...something they have not had so much of there.
I was pretty much bawling by now. After thanking her profusely for calling me, we said goodbye.
How great was that ? That she would take time out of her busy busy life to call me and let me know my son was fine? I hope she knows how much that meant to me.
That was a conversation I wish I could have recorded so I could get it out and listen again when I get to feeling sad and missing him so much. Anyway, it sure did my heart good today.
So full of gratitude.
So blessed.

3 comments:

Angie said...

oh my gosh that is so awesome! What a great experience for you and KC. That is something you will both remember forever:)

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

Sis. Dibb's phone call is a great example of what a shepherd does. She certainly was taught by a Father who knows how to shepherd! Thanks for letting us share your awesome experience!

stacey said...

Wow... what an awesome WOW!...A good WOW...you know what I mean! Love ya!
Stac