Thursday, November 4, 2010

Angels...

A few random things that have reminded me of how blessed I am to have such wonderful people in my life...
I went up to vote on tuesday and sitting there at the desk was Bryan Bryant... Haven't seen him since K.C's farewell. Then Hatsumi came in and gave me a big hug. It was great to talk to them and get caught up on what all of K.C's friends are doing. They all love Hatsumi and all still keep in touch with her. Bryan told me it had been one year now for Blair and he had gotten an email from him that morning that was pretty amazing. Blair has always been kind of to himself and sullen. Bryan said it was like he had a light turned on and he was filled with joy and a positive loving attitude. Pretty cool what serving the Lord will do with your life! Anyway, it was great to talk to them.
Tuesday night, I was getting the toaster out of the cupboard to toast our hamburger buns and my wonderful chopper was sitting on top of it. I got the toaster out but the cord got caught on the chopper and pulled it out too. It was like slow motion as I reached up to stop it from falling on the floor, the top came off and the blade came flying out and sliced my hand. Seriously, what are the chances of that happening? I hollered and grabbed my hand which was now full of blood. Kelley came running up to see what had happened and quickly cleaned it up and wrapped it up tight to stop the bleeding. After a minute, he says, well we better look at it to see if it needs some stitches. I unwrapped it and when I looked at it, I could feel myself going down...black spots...knees buckling.... Kelley caught me and carried me onto the couch and sat by me till I felt better. Gosh I'm a boob! I don't handle gross stuff very well at all...either on me or anybody else....I was really a mess when Kelley cut his fingers off...I was the one who had to lay in the bed at the hospital when he was being treated...I try to do the mind over matter thing but 9 out of 10 times, it doesn't work for me. Sorry K.C....I'm sure that 's where you got it from.
Anyway, I was just feeling really grateful for Kelley and that he was there to help me....and that he can always make me laugh and feel better.
I got a pretty good slice on my hand, but it will fine...I am having a new feeling of love/hate with my chopper though...have I done anything but love and praise you since I brought you home??? Why?????
Could be the way I stack things up in the cupboard.
Yesterday was my dear friend Stacey's birthday...took her a little gift, but she is the one who always gives the gift of making you feel special and loved...always concerned about you and what's going on in your life...so grateful for her.
I needed to get my temple recommend renewed, so during YW, I slipped out. I got to visit with Dave first. He is a pretty special man. After he asked me all the questions, he asked me if I wanted to bear my testimony...well sure! A sweet reminder that all of the questions I had just answered really were true and that is what I believe!
Dave told me he had been reading K.C.'s emails and was touched by the love that K.C. showed to Kelley and I. He said he wished he had a boy just like him. Well that just made me start to cry. Dave and Earlene have not been able to have any children. I told him I wished he did too...he would be such a good dad. I know there will be children for them in the next life.
Then I went to see the Stake President. Can I just say that I love president Child? What an amazing man he is....he asks me about each person in my family...seriously...he remembers each one and where they live and wants an update on how they are doing...even asks about my mom...how does he know???? Anyway, we talked for a while, then he gave me some good council before we did my recommend. He is also one of those people who is so sincere and makes you feel very loved....p.s. he sends his love to Katie, Camille and Candice.
We found out Tuesday that Martha's dad had passed away. She has been in Idaho with him off and on for the past 6 months...then lately, just staying there. He has had Alzheimer's for awhile which has been pretty hard on Martha because they had such a close relationship and he didn't even know who she was the past few months. She has a brother who lives in Jerome who has been there with her to help care for him.
I got a call from Martha this morning and she told me all about what she had been through these past weeks, caring for him and watching him slip away. Such a hard thing, but what they had been praying for, for him to be out of his misery.
Martha has got to be one of my all time favorite people. She was one of the first friends I made when we moved here. We hit it off right from the start... I felt a kinship with her that I think was developed long before we came to this earth. We have served in about every organization together, and have always been there for each other...one of those people you can always depend on. She's the kind of person that is just easy to talk to and be around....and she has a great sense of humor. How could you not love this lady? Anyway, I was so glad to talk to her....she is a great example to me of selfless love and dedication to her father. Wish I could be there for the funeral but it's clear up by Twin Falls. She told me she had been thinking of me and what was ahead for me, my sisters and my mom. Don't really like to think of it, but I know it's inevitable. This just makes it seem more real.
I got a sweet call from Olivia last night too.."Thanks for all the nice things you sent me! I love my kitty purse and it's full of circle treats!...and the bracelet is so pretty!" Wow that just made my day! I've been feeling kind of blue thinking about Christmas without her, but I know we will have time together in January. I know Camille and Kellen are doing all they can do to get through this difficult time. Camille's attitude is always so positive though and is a good example to me of how I need to be. Thanks too, to Candice for always cheering me up...so lucky to have her.
Reflecting over the past few days sure makes me see just how truly blessed I am...Listening to Bro. Wilcox yesterday this thought stayed with me. God does know us and hears our prayers...but it is usually through one of his "angels" (that's YOU) here on earth that they are answered. I believe there are angels among us...

1 comment:

Angie said...

I am glad you didn't have to get stitches. That is awful! I am also glad Kelley was there. It must run in the family my mom is awful when it comes to blood. I hope you have a better week. love you