Sunday, September 5, 2010

I had to say goodbye to my friend June Pope this last week.
She went to her heavenly home after a 10 month battle with pancreatic cancer.
June was a kind and gentle woman...talented and strong ( she raised 13 children.. now that's one tough woman!)
I loved singing with her in our ward choir and in other choirs we were involved in and have lots of nice memories of her.
She had an amazing unwavering testimony...I guess that's why I picked this picture of her...I can just picture her encouraging us all to "stay on the path"
She will be missed by many...lots of family... that was the center of her life...she still has teenagers at home. My heart goes out to their whole family.

1 comment:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

I am so going to quote you on my blog. I haven't entered anything since Danica's baby was born--it's just been one crazy, overwhelming summer. I, too, will miss June a lot. She was/is an amazing lady and a great friend! Her funeral was so sweet--one of the best I've ever attended. All 13 of her children had a part on the program.