Monday, October 12, 2009

K.C. In Russia!

Well he has finally arrived in Russia! After 3 months of studying and training in Provo, he has been sent to Perovo Russia! Ha!
He sent us an email right after he got there from the Mission President's home. He said he had written a good letter, then when he tried to attach pictures, he erased it all. So His letter was very short! He said he has a Russian companion and that everything is good. He said Russia is awesome and he is still alive. GREAT!




A few days later, we got an email from K.C.'s mission president. He said that K.C. hadn't been able to use his credit card. I didn't realize I needed to notify them that he was going out of the country. So I called the bank and they straightened everything out.
I got this nice reply from Sister Cranney
Dear Sister Jensen,
Thank you for such a quick response to help with the credit card. This is a common problem for those just arriving in the country. I have called Elder Jensen and told him that all should be well. He said he'd let me know if there were any other problems. The weather is beginning to turn cold, so I think our new missionaries are anxious to purchase their warmer coats.
We are enjoying Elder Jensen very much. He is so kind and pleasant. His companion says that he is a hard worker and he has already won the hearts of the members in their branch.
Thank you for sharing him with us.
Much love,
Sister Cranney

It's so great to see his smiling face and to know there are people there that will love him and watch out for him! Can't wait to hear about his adventures in Russia!




2 comments:

Angie said...

Glad he made it there safe and that things are going well already! I am not surprised though he is a great guy!

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

The internet certainly allows you to know more and see more than mothers used to know and see! I'm glad I got to see these pictures--it's hard to believe that someone I know is really in Russia!