Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tender Mercies

Yesterday I got to experience one of Gods tender mercies. Probably sounds lame, but to me it was pretty special.
I was cleaning out K.C.'s car because Suzie and Brooke were going to come and look at it. They have been wanting to buy it ever since they found out K.C. was leaving. It was not dirty, (K.C.) is a little bit of a clean freak) but it just had some clothes and papers in it. While I was wiping everything down, it started to rain so I just pulled the door shut and sat there thinking about K.C. and everything we had gone through with that jeep. It was nice and warm in there and still smelled like him. That is another thing we have in common. We would both always be cold so we would sit in the car (no matter how hot it was) to get warmed up. Especially after church, when our building is always so cold, we would run out to the car and just sit there and enjoy the warmth of the car.
Anyway the jeep was really a good car...most of the time. It always started, even on the coldest winter mornings when he was going to school. It did have some electrical problems, and we would always say that it was possessed because the lights on the dashboard would go on and off just when ever it felt like it. We replaced all the fuses and finally the alternator, but it still keeps doing that up until this day.
I'm afraid the only signs of body damage to the jeep were inflicted by me. One time when we were coming home from Grandmas', K.C. and I decided to go to into Brigham to Peach City and get a peach malt. When I was backing out, I turned too sharp and scraped the side of the car on the pole. Then about 4 months ago, I was backing out of the garage in the Yukon and bashed right into the jeep. He was parked directly behind me and I didn't expect him to be there (there is really no excuse) I broke his bumper pretty bad on one side so it was just kind of hanging there, half on, half off. So Kelley came and pulled it right off. K.C. was such a good sport about it. He knew I felt so bad, so he was like "it looks fine mom, honestly, you can hardly even notice it, anyway, it's my fault for parking behind you." He really is about the most undemanding, forgiving, non judgemental, person I know. I mean really...what kid would not be even just a little bit angry that his mom just inialiated his bumper.
Before I knew it I was sitting there with tears coming down harder than the rain. Mostly just tears of joy and thankfulness as I poured out a prayer of gratitude that I have been able to have this special young man be my son.
When I got my face wiped up , I looked out the window and noticed that it had stopped raining and the sun was shining up from the west and there was the most beautiful rainbow that went clear across the sky. Could be a coincidence, but I like to think it was God's way of saying
"Your welcome".

4 comments:

Camille said...

Cool, now I'm crying! Mom you are so amazing. You always know how to capture those special moments.
We are all so lucky to have KC in our lives. He is a very special person, one of Gods finest for sure.
You are always cold! You would do just fine here in AZ!

kat said...

cool mom, now I'm crying too! He is so amazing. I don't deserve to be related to either of you! I'm so lucky xoxo

stacey said...

there you go...making me cry again! Dang it! How lucky we are to have such sweet young men in our lives! Thank you for reminding me! :)

Angie said...

What a sweet tender mercy! I am so glad you were able to experience this and thanks for sharing with us.