Monday, August 10, 2009

Hollywood

When we got to Katie's house, Kelley and Katie suprised me with tickets to the Jewel Concert at the Hollywood Bowl. It was so much fun!
They had the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra playing with them and it was pretty amazing.
For the opening they had Michael Fienstein sing. His singing reminded me of Frank Sanatra. I could have listened to him for hours. He also was quite amazing.
When Jewel sang it seriously brought me to tears. She writes and sings with so much feeling...I love her music!
It was just such a fun place to see. We walked down the hollywood walk of stars to get there and it was pretty wild! There are performers (singers, rappers, dancers) just out on the sidewalk with people standing around them watching and clapping for them.
Then you walk into the Hollywood Bowl and it is such a beautiful venue. It is up against the side of a mountain and its just beautiful there. They do a summer concert series there that are just real casual and fun. You can take in food and drinks and then there was the fireworks at the end that were fantastic! Thanks Katie and Kelley! That is something I will always remember. I had a blast!


This is Katie's room mate Morgan. She is a really great girl. I'm so glad that Katie has good friends to be with in California. Morgan went all out to make Katie's 30th birthday really special for her.






4 comments:

Camille said...

Fun Mom! Wish I could have been there for that! I love Jewell, and Kellen is a closet fan too! He HE!

Angie said...

You have such an awesome family to always be suprising you! That would have been lots of fun to see Kate. By the way how can we write to KC?

kat said...

Listening to Jewel at the Hollywood Bowl with my parents and Morgan sitting next to me was one of my favorite concert moments ever! AMAZING music, favorite venue for sure, best bday present, and I'm so glad you guys were able to come with us! I will remember it forever as well :)

Paula said...

K.c. 's address in the MTC is:

Elder Kelley Carson Jensen
MTC Mailbox # 188-0928
Moscow, Russia
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, Utah 84604-1793

I know he would love to hear from you! Thanks for your support!