Monday, March 23, 2009

So much for spring








Alright Mother Nature, this is not funny. ..Don't tease us like this. We have been having some real nice warm days these past few weeks. So nice that we have been working in the yard, flying kites, riding bikes and planting peas.





All the pretty little crocus were blooming and it looked like popcorn was popping on the apricot tree. Then yesterday the wind starts to howl and you knew something was coming. Well we woke up today to snow on the ground...and it kept snowing ALL day. I bet we ended up with about 3 or 4 inches on the lawn. It is just kind of depressing when you have to get out your wooly sweaters and boots again! I know I should look on the bright side, (Thanks Camille for reminding me how beautiful the snow is) and I know we need more water, but I am so dang cold all the time, I was real excited to be able to sit outside and feel the sun warm me all the way through. I don't know what's wrong with me but I am always cold. At church yesterday, I had to play the piano for the choir to sing in sacrement meeting and my fingers were so cold, I didn't think they would move. If you touched my nose or my hands, they feel like ice. I about send Kelley through the roof when I get in bed and touch him with my feet. He is always so nice to try to warm them up for me. I always dress warm, sleep with a ton of blankets on me, have the heater blasting in the car till everyone else is dying, sometimes I turn the heater on in the bathroom and just go sit in there, but I just can't seem to warm up. I think my thermostat may be broken.





Anyway, I know warmer days will soon be here, just had to whine a little.

2 comments:

lessdirtydirt said...

Its ok to whine mama I was sad too. I went from riding my bike without a coat to wearing mittens and SOCKS! SOCKS DANGIT! You are always cold maybe you were a turtle in your past life. Why do I suck at rice so bad I dont get it. I wont ever make that mac and cheese again but thank you for supporting me and letting me experiment. I loooove you.

Angie said...

I wont tell you how nice the weather is here and I warn you dont look at my blog it will make you sad. I think it must be a braegger thing to be cold cause reading this made me think of my mom and grandma. I hope it will warm up for you soon.