Sunday, March 1, 2009

meltdown # 1

ok. so I'm freaking out a little bit right now. As I was leaving church today, I walked by the bishop's office to say goodbye to Kelley and I saw K.C. sitting there waiting to go in and talk to Bishop Burns. I don't know why, but it hit me like a ton of bricks. K.C. was going to have his missionary interview. It has always seemed like it was so far away that he would be going, that it wasn't really real in my mind. Well now he's doing it and it is very real. K.C. was sitting there holding this little pinwheel they had made in primary ( he is teaching the 6 year olds now) and I had this flashback to when he was a little boy and he would come running to me after church to show me what they had made in primary. Wow I about had a meltdown right there at church. Anyway, it's all very good. This is where he is supposed to be in his life right now and I couldn't be any prouder of him and the great young man that he has grown up to be.

4 comments:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

One of my friends told me that mothers suffer from "miserable joy" when their kids go on missions. K.C. has a lot of great things in store for him--in fact, your whole family does! Thanks for letting me see into your meltdown moment.

lessdirtydirt said...

Don't worry i'll be there mom.

stacey said...

it's only the first of many....but they are all good....it a melt down can be good! I know exactly how your heart feels. It will be okay Mom....promise! Love ya!
By the way...I need help blogging....can't figure slide show out and now I'm ticked! wanted to blog the cruise~

kat said...

The boy is NOT going anywhere...I can't stand it!!! I'll be melting down there with you mom...you may have to actually come visit me!