Thursday, March 12, 2009










Just a few random thoughts. First of all whyyyyyyyyyyy? I go to get something out of my purse and notice it is zipped shut ( I never do that) and it looks really full. So I open it and this is what I find.



It is full of rolls and banana bread. That is not all. Last week this is what I found in my purse:The hand mixer, a can of soup and some crackers.

I don't really understand how Kelley's brain works, but this is something he has been doing for quite some time. When Katie and Camille and Candice were here, they would randomly find their purses filled by the purse bunny. Anyway, it always makes me smile.

Last night we had our Relief Society Birthday party. I felt kind of wierd to just be going to it and not be doing anything for it, because I have been on the enrichment committee for quite a while. I have really enjoyed it though and love the association I have with these great ladies. They had asked Erika Mendenhall to speak. She is one of my favorite people to listen to. She spoke at a Young Women Standards night when I was in there , and at the RS retreat a few years ago and at girls camp several years ago. She is smart and funny and has a great spirit and testimony. The theme for the night was "I can" so she talked about Moses and how God told him of his great worth and He called him His son. Then Satan told Moses he was nothing and said he was son of man. That is how satan wants us to feel, like we are worthless and can't make any difference in this world. She talked about how when we make mistakes, we beat ourselves up and can't forgive ourselves. That is what satan wants us to do. He is the master of fear and doubt and failure. God does not see us like that, he wants us to come to him and feel his love for us, even when, and especially when we have made a mistake. She talked about how important it is to pray...compared that to the relationship you have with your children and and parents and how how much you want to be a part of their everyday lives and how sad they would feel if you never tried to have any contact with them or have a relationship with them . It was very powerful and a great message I needed to hear.

They had made these cute cans for each of us and had put in it little papers with things that we "Can do" listed on them. Then we were supposed to fill out one for each person sitting at our table of something we know that they can do. It was fun and uplifting and made us all feel good about ourselves. I feel blessed to be in the ward with all these wonderful, strong, spiritual, smart, loving, compassionate, creative, funny, courageous, positive, gifted women.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Kelley is hilarious! Maybe if your purse wasn't as big as an overnight bag:) just giving you a hard time cause I love ya! I am glad you got to go to that special rs night it sounds like it was great!

Camille said...

PURSE BUNNY! Ha ha ha! Sucker!

Love the spiritual thought. I needed that one Mom! Thanks!