Monday, April 23, 2012

very random week...

Candice sent me this picture today...can't believe it's been a year since we were all together for Easter at Kate's house.
<><>

I saw this sweet verse on Pinterest and made a stitchery for Cheryl. We had bunko Thursday at Stacey's so I gave it to her then.   Hope it healed her heart a little like it did mine.
(bunko was fun...won a cute wreath Stacey had made!)
The chicks are growing sooooo fast!  They are little eating and pooping machines!
Kelley saved these glass block when he was remodeling mum's bathroom.  That will be neat to have them for a window in the shower!
Remodel is coming along!  We got walls!
I picked up Teina and we met Brenda and Leslie at mum's on Saturday.  KC and Kelley came up too to cut up that tree that had fallen down.
The rock garden trying to grow... but the deer have been there eating everything that comes up.  grrrrrrrr...seriously now, there is green stuff growing everywhere...go home!



Deloy was pretty happy about that!  He is a funny guy...I think he misses daddy and having someone to talk to. They used to spend hours gabbing over the fence.  He had a captive audience with Kelley and KC though. He got out his wallet to show them some pictures and Kelley thought it would be of his wife or grandkids or something but it was of some of his guns and favorite tools!  Ha!
Kelley and KC loaded all the junk we had been collecting ( mattresses, old couch's, and other big stuff we couldn't fit in the garbage cans) in the trailer and back of his truck. They had a full load!  The dumpsters for spring clean up were open so they took the stuff  and dumped it there.  So glad they could help us out!  Dennis came over and helped a while too.  They drug the old washers out and a few dressers that were in the garage.
When they got done, it looked like we had enough stuff to have a sale, so we decided to have it next saturday!  It's going to take some work to get the stuff cleaned up and presentable though.  Brenda and Teina are going up there on Tuesday to work on it.  Dang I wish I wasn't so far away!

We cleaned out the green house......so many pots!  Boyd came over and said we could just leave them there and he would take them down to the "Green House" to see if they wanted them.  There was a lot of flats and hanging baskets and a ton of sprays, and concoctions for feeding the flowers and killing the weeds.  There was also several stools....Ahhhh I could just picture mum sitting there in the green house planting her seeds.There is a life time of memories there in that green house.


Anyway, we had a good day together.  Started taking home a few things...felt weird to take Uncle Clydes picture off the wall.  With some of the furniture gone now, it's starting to look strange and empty.
Camille sent me this picture of American "Hair" doll with outfit I made on!  It fits!  I was worried it would be to big!

Camille and Liv tye dyed shirts and she wanted to show me....so cute!
Gosh I miss these kids!
Kate sent this picture to me this week...this was at Texas Rhode house when she came home for Easter...sure do miss her too.
I've been super emotional this week for some reason...hearts aching to be with family...  I kind of slipped into a funk after Camille's family went home....can't sleep, cry at song practice, at Walmart, and other random places?  I guess the lack of sleep just adds to my instability.
I love that Camille sends me pictures all the time, but it's just not the same as holding those little sweeties in my arms.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love all the pictures! Wow so many memories looking at grandma's stuff. I hope your garage sale goes well on Saturday!