Friday, April 27, 2012

The chicks are growing at an incredible rate of speed!  I am not exaggerating  when I say they grow about an inch every day! 
We moved them into this luxury hotel when they outgrew their first box. 
They are not cute little puff balls anymore...now they look like regular birds...about the size of a crow.  They eat and drink constantly though so I guess that's why they are growing so fast.  We have had them outside for the past little while cause they were getting kind of stinky, plus, it has been really warm.  
Then yesterday, it turned cold and rainy and we thought even with the heat lamp, it might be too cold for them.  So Kelley and KC carried their mobile home into the garage.  I love how Kelley cares for them and  fixes up their house so they will be comfortable.  He always checks to see if they have tipped over their water ( which they do all the time!...once again...not the brightest) makes sure they have food and are warm enough.  He is a better momma hen than I am!
 



Last night our home teachers came over and by the time they left it was 9:45.  We had a busy afternoon and hadn't eaten dinner so I was scrambling for something to make quick. hmmmmm... eggs, bacon and toast.  That's always good!  I'm probably counting my chickens before they hatch, but I'm really looking forward to the day when we will always have fresh eggs on hand!


1 comment:

Angie said...

how fun to have chickens! It will be nice when they start giving eggs!