Sunday, May 20, 2018

Well hello again!  It's been almost a year since I've added anything new to my blog and I feel pretty bad about that because this has been a wonderful, eventful year!  I'm going to try to remember a few highlights though with the help of my pictures, then try to not get so far behind again!
We have had some pretty great things happen but I'll start off with the big one, KC got married!  There were a lot of things that happened that got us to that point but in order to get there, I'll have to go backwards, and sideways, and well it's going to be all over the place but here goes. 
On the Friday before the wedding, Jackie's friends flew in from California and Idaho.  They had planned a lovely luncheon for her at the Grand America Hotel.  It was a beautiful place and the food was amazing! So fancy and they treated us like queen for the day there! 
I felt so bad that Jackies mom wasn't there.  She flew in on Thursday and stayed at our house that night.  Then friday morning she woke up with a terrible pain in her eye.  Jackie took her to instacare and they said a lash had got in there and really scratched her eye up good.  They gave her some drops and told her to rest it.  It was still really hurting when we were leaving for the luncheon so she decided to not go.  I know she sure wanted to be there.  

 After lunch we went out into their garden.  All the tulips were blooming and it was just beautiful!






!  
  After lunch, we got busy cutting up fruit for the reception.  Stacey is always so great to help out!  In fact I don't know what we would have done without her.  She jumped in and made sure all the food and drinks got out when people started coming so I didn't need to worry about it and could visit with the guests.  Then she stayed with it and made sure everything was refilled and running smoothly! So so grateful for her!  Merrilee came over too to see she could help with anything.  I was short one tablecloth so I was looking through mine to find one.  The one I found needed to be ironed so she took it and went upstairs and to iron.  Next thing I knew, she had ironed that and all of Camille's kids clothes that they were going to wear for the reception. She is such a dear! I really was just so overwhelmed with gratitude for the many friends and neighbors who offered and just jumped in and helped, cleaning up the yard,planting, pulling weeds, setting up tables and chairs, hanging lights and making all the electrical stuff work (Rick saves the day... again) lending us all the serving dishes and so much more.  Marsha was so sweet to let me use her beautiful beverage containers and serving trays and then trying to help me find a dress to wear, even lending me one that she had worn at Kelsie's wedding.
   
 

 KC and his nice muscles were in charge of mashing the strawberries for the cheese cake topping.



So grateful to have my girls there to help with everything!  Camille's family flew in on Wednesday and got the party started.  When I have these girls by my side it feels like we can take on the world! Love them all so much!

No comments: