Tuesday, May 22, 2018

We didn't have a lot of time between the temple and the celebration at Thanksgiving point so we headed right over there to help get things set up. We had a little trouble finding the "Hidden Falls" area.  There were so many people walking around there because the tulip festival was going on.  Lots of traffic and road construction and chaos.  But when we finally found it, it was like walking in to a enchanted garden.  It was all surrounded with trees and lights and flowers and waterfalls and little creek running through..really incredible how you were suddenly transported into a serene secluded garden!  I could see how KC and Jackie fell in love with it!  Mindy had already hung the beautiful flower arrangements on the gazebo and they looked amazing!  Dang it I wish I had taken more pictures!
The wedding planners there took great care of us and made everything happen without a hitch!  They had waiters walking around serving Hors d'oeuvres while all the guests arrived, then when everyone got there, they had everyone seated and started the ring ceremony.  It was really so nice. Jackie's dad said a real nice prayer to start it off, then Mark Scharman did a great job with the ring ceremony.  Mark and Kim were such a great help to us with the whole wedding!  Such great friends!
After they exchanged rings (ha ha Jackie forgot KC's ring, so while Mark was up there talking, Jackie was whispering down the line of bridesmaids to borrow Mike's  wedding band and pass it up to her!  It worked out!  and no one knew what had even happened!)
After the ring ceremony, we had a lovely dinner,
then they had the DJ get the dancing started.  They had KC and Jackie do the first dance, then Jackie and her dad and KC and me.  A few weeks ago Jackie had asked if I had a song I liked for the wedding and I picked "My wish" from Rascal Flats.  Oh man the words are so tender, I sure had a hard time holding it together!  It really was one of those moments I'll never forget. 






Jackie and her mom started out doing a dance
 to a sweet little mama song, then broke into "I feel like a woman" and it was adorable!  I had seen them practicing in the back yard earlier, but had no idea what they were doing.  It was really cute!


The kids were all so great through the long day. Jonas had pretty much had it by dinner time.  
 Sam was just going around making friends with everyone.  




Sams dancing was epic.  It was just so much fun...I think after some pretty jam packed stressful days, everyone was ready to let loose!
 Cutting the cake...after taking a few hits at the reception the night before, carrying it on my lap from our house to the temple and having it sit in the hot car for 4 hours, (definitely started to sag) then the drive on my lap again to Thanksgiving point, (I had the air conditioner blasting on it to try to solidify it again!) well I was just happy and amazed that it was looking as good as it did!  Mindy put new flowers on it and it looked as good as new! Mindy really was a miracle worker that day and fixed up several boutonnieres  and corsages that had got hugged too many times after the wedding.














After a great evening, KC and Jackie got a sparkler send off and just like that, a sweet new little family has been created.  I've been super sappy and emotional for the past few weeks, feeling all the feels and experiencing a lot of new ones. Mostly just feeling so much gratitude and love to my Heavenly Father for giving us a wonderful son.  He has been such a joy in our lives...and for the special woman he chose to join our family and share his life with. It's been so sweet to see the love they have for each other and the dreams and goals they have. Their future is surely bright!
"My Wish"
I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow
And each road leads you where you want to go
And if you're faced with the choice and you have to choose
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you
And if one door opens to another door closed
I hope you keep walkin' til you find the window
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile

I hope you never look back back but you never forget
All the ones who love you
And the place you left
I hope you always forgive and you never regret
And you help somebody every chance you get
That you find God's grace in every mistake
And always give more than you take
But more than anything
My wish for you
Is that this life becomes all that you want it to 
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold
And while you're out there gettin' where you're gettin' to
I hope you know somebody loves you
And wants the same things too
Yeah, that's my wish!

No comments: