Thursday, December 19, 2013

Last Saturday Candice wanted me to come up and help her set up her sewing machine.  I had brought with me  my drawing I had made for Brenda's picture.  Candice had told me about this projector thing Curtis has that will shine your picture on the wall, then you can easily trace it onto your fabric.  First we had to get it onto the computer though so I took a picture of my picture then sent it to Candice's email.  She finished up the technical stuff and bam there it was on the wall!  Wow that made it a hundred times easier than trying to trace it on my light box.  I gotta get me one of those!


 Then Candice got out her sewing machine and we dusted it off.  I gave it to her for Christmas about two years ago.  She lost the cord to it in one of her moves and hasn't used it at all.  Then Curtis said he had a cord that would fit in it and it did!  It was so exciting to plug it all in and see everything work!  It's kind of fancy and everything is computerized, so we were a little intimidated, but we got out the instruction book and started from step one...wind the bobbin.  I was a little bit jealous of how easy it was to do that...my machine..not so much.  Then we threaded the machine and got ready to sew.  There are about a hundred computerized stitches that you can just push a number and it will do it.  Very cool!  Isn't she a cute little sewer.  I'm so glad she enjoys sewing too...it's sure brought me a lot of pleasure (not to mention saved me a ton of money) over the years.
We spent a nice afternoon discovering all the magical things her machine could do and just enjoying a wintery day together in her cozy little house.







No comments: