Monday, December 16, 2013

 We had the nicest Bunko Christmas party last week.  It was at Stacey's house and she really went all out for it.  Everything was so nice.  We had a yummy dinner then did our present exchange.  It's always fun to see what clever things they come up with each year.


 This was everyone having a sniff of the scentsy type  burner thing Holli got.

 I made this picture for my gift.  I actually stitched it a couple of years ago when mum was living with us.  I got the quote from her one day as we were chatting.  It was around Easter and we were talking about having a big dinner with the family and getting out the fancy dishes for the occasion.
We didn't ever talk about mum dying, although the hospice people really wanted me to.   They said it would make her feel more at ease with it.  I did not agree.  I'm sure for some people this is the right thing to do, but with mum, I didn't think that would do any good at all.  She was always very cheerful and positive and we chose to talk about happier subjects.  I knew that she knew her days were numbered and I knew that she knew that I knew too so there was no need to dwell on it.  She had lived a very good life and was at peace and actually looking forward to taking the step into the next life. I know she longed to be with daddy and missed him so much.  I can only work and pray that I would be able to leave this existence in such a peaceful way.  Those are some tough shoes to fill.
Anyway, while we were talking about the fancy dishes, she said "you know, where I am in my life right now, I look at each day as a special occasion...you just never know how many more you will get."  That really stuck with me and I decided to stitch the words.  Many tears were shed as I finished it and stashed it away after she had passed.
So I thought I would get it out and have Kelley make me a frame just to remind one of these dear ladies to look at each new day as a special occasion.  I'm glad Karen got it...although after what she's been through I think she already knows it and lives it.




No comments: