Sunday, December 15, 2013




 A few other things from this week...Wednesday night Candice came over and we went to the Relief Society Christmas party.  I'm so grateful for her! It means so much to me that she will go to these things with me.
I had to go over a little early because I was asked to sing Silent Night on the program with Shauna.  I had been stewing over this a bit, thinking it would get kind of boring with just us two singing all the verses, so I asked Debbie if she would sing a third part with us.  I wrote a tenor part and she took the alto.  When we got there to practice, Marilyn had found a nice accompaniment for us so I think it went OK.  They had such a nice dinner for everyone and we had a good time visiting with the ladies at our table.  After everyone was finished eating, we went into the Relief Society room for the program.  It was really nice.  They had different ladies depicting different women in Jesus' life.  Donna had written a beautiful script for it.  We sang right after Mary's part and I think it went pretty good.  Shauna has a real pretty voice. 
Singing in a trio like this sure made me miss my sisters.  When they were here yesterday, we were talking about putting all of our Christmas songs on a CD. I think that would be fun cause some of these songs you never hear anywhere else....they are kind of slipping away.  I hate to see that happen cause they are great old songs.   I love that the girls have learned some of these songs and have sung along with us in past Christmas get togethers.  It's kind of hard to think of these old songs disappearing because they have been such a sweet part of my life.  I hope the girls will carry them on and teach them to their kids too.



Bishop Light just busted these amazing candle stick center pieces out for the party...unbelievable!



 Thursday night we went to Kelley's work party.  The last few years Dan has had it at Fat Cats and we eat and bowl.  The people who work for Dan are pretty diverse but very nice people and we had a good time visiting with them... Man it sure seemed like it was just a few months ago that we were doing this...I don't know where this year has gone. 
I got  real lucky on my last game and got the high score...184!

No comments: