Monday, September 16, 2013

 Saturday night as we were sitting there in the adult meeting for stake conference, Kelley got a text from Katie with this picture.When he showed it to me, my heart sunk.  He said she was OK, then went out immediately to call her. When he came back in he said she was OK (I may have asked a few times if she was ok)...that some lady had run a stop sign and bashed into her.  She said all her air bags went off and that hurt her more than anything.  She knew too, that they saved her life. 
I called her when we got home from the meeting.  She said they had to tow her car away so she had called Stacey and she had come to help her.  I'm so grateful for Katie's wonderful friends. Stacey and Obe made dinner for her that night and took care of her.  This is sure one of the many times I wished Kelley and I were close by so we could help her.(sometimes you just need your dad) 
Feeling very grateful as I consider what could have been. Life is so precious...My Katie is so very precious to me.  I poured out my heart with gratitude that night as I thanked Heavenly Father for watching over her and keeping her safe in this accident..

No comments: