Tuesday, September 10, 2013

 I couldn't let this special day go by without giving a shout out to my amazing daughter! 
Happy Birthday Camille!
My heart is aching to be with her and give her a big birthday hug.  (This long distant stuff is not working...as Liv would say)  I just got to talk to her on the phone though and wish her a happy day. She can always make me feel better...She has a great attitude about life in general and makes the best of whatever situation she is in.  She has a gift of lifting all those around her up  too...makes me happy just to talk to her.
Looking back over a few pictures I took,  my heart just fills right to the brim as I remember all the wonderful  experiences we were able to share this summer.  
Being able to be there with their family when Emily was born was such a special time for me. Liv and Sam and I got to spend some quality ( and much needed on my part) time together while we were waiting for Emily to make her entrance. They are such sweet, loving kids...I think that is a perfect reflection of the kind of parents they have.  Olivia is wise and compassionate way beyond her years and Sam is just a little whirlwind of fun, mischievousness, and curiosity.  He reminds me of Camille when she was 2-3.  Very strong willed and stubborn, but with the personality that  is so full of love and sweetness, they just wrap right around your heart.
Anyway, we had a real good time together while Camille and Kellen were busy with the new baby.  Then when I got to watch Camille loving that new little life and Liv and Sam too, it just showed so clearly how God just keeps giving more and more love so theres always plenty to give to  everyone.  Camille was so sweet, patient and relaxed with the kids so they felt perfectly comfortable with Emily joining their family.
I got to spend 10 days with them when Emily was born. Then a few weeks later, they were able to come and spend the month of July with us! Kellen drove them up and was able to stay for a week or so.  It was a blessing the way things worked out so they could be here when Kelley's dad passed away. I was so glad Lisle had a chance to meet the new baby and visit with Olivia.  I know it meant a lot to Camille to be able to spend those last few days of grampas life with him. 
Pat's health was declining pretty quickly about this same time, and Camille spent as much time with him as she could.  She has not ever been one that's all sappy and "poor Pat"...she would go in there and talk to him and joke with him like she always has.  She really has a calming effect on people.  I have been a recipient of this gift so many times. 
We just had a lovely month with Camille and the kids here... with a new baby we mostly just enjoyed being at home together....it's nice cause we are both very content that way...happiest place...sitting out on the patio in the swing, holding Emily, enjoying a perfect summer evening while the kids ran and played around us. I truly savored every moment.
 This was one of my favorite pictures of this summer because it tells the story of what made my summer so special..Just watching Camille with her kids.  She is such a good mom...loves to play with them and be silly with them.  There is a lot of love going on there.
We took the kids over to the pool a few times which was a nice way to cool off...such a hot summer...I love it!
 The only way I could stand letting them go home at the end of July was knowing we would get to be with them in Arizona a few weeks later when they blessed the baby.






This was so funny...Olivia made this contraption one day while I was there for a family talent show (that we all participated in...another one of Camille's gifts...making fun out of a boring afternoon)  look at Sam's face...priceless!
 We went right over to California that next Wednesday from Camille's house and they drove over that Sunday night.  It was so much fun to spend that week at the beach with all the family...really was a little bit of heaven for me. 


 
 

 The week flew by, truly one of my favorite times at Newport...then we had to say goodbye. That was not easy.  Fell into a bit of a funk after we got home.  The house was way too quiet without the kids here and I just missed being with  Camille.  I guess this is one of those times when I need to smile because it happened, not cry because it's over.  I'm surely grateful for the time we were able to spend together this summer, just having withdrawals. I hope someday they will be close by so we won't have to miss them so much. 
Anyway, hope you know how much you are loved and missed and thought of by the folks around here. Thanks for the joy you bring to our family and just for being the special person that you are.  We love you! 

1 comment:

kat said...

Camille is the best thing that's ever happened to me :)