Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Newport 2011

 Soooooo, I'm a little bit behind...oh well it was fun to look at these pictures again and remember what a fun time we had!
Spaghetti Factory...always fun! 
We double dog dared KC to eat every one's ice cream... ( he got kind of skinny on his mission...need to fatten him up!)  He did it!

 After a huge hassle with our condo this year...(Realtor from Villa Rentals calls a month before we are supposed to be going and says the owner of place we were supposed to be staying has had a death in their family and need that condo for people to stay in that week...I'm not sure how he planned on that a month before it happened!   Ha!  Anyway, he said they were trying to find another place for us to stay.  He calls me a little later and says they have a place clear down on 28th street.  Not cool.  I told him we wanted to be closer to our friends that were coming the same time.  He said he would get back to me on that. I kept bugging him about it  but he didn't call me till a day before we were supposed to leave.  He said he couldn't find anything else so we would have to stay down on 28th street.  I said "Don't you ever deal with any other realtor's?"  cause I had been looking on the Internet and saw several that were down closer to the pier that were with other  realtor's.  He said he would check and called me right back and said they found one through Associated Realtor's that was on the bay side, but on 19th street.  I looked at it on the Internet and it was super nice!  We had a beautiful view of the bay and a nice little beach there too. Even though we had some anxious moments, it turned out to be pretty awesome!   I appreciate them working things out for us.)

 Come to find out Sam likes sand...not to play in, to eat.
 Girls all went out to dinner at new mexican restaurant...Las Fajitas...We decided this was our new favorite place!  Katie got tickets for the guys to go to the LA Angels baseball game...so we all had a fun night.

 Ice cream from Jane's corn dog...I think I gained about 5 pounds in a week.  Decided life is too short to worry about it.  Ha!



 I was wishing I had a decent camera when I took this picture...( been taking pictures with dumb phone camera cause my cord to import pictures from my real camera to computer isn't working!  oh no!)  anyway, it was the coolest moon you ever saw.  trust me.
 One day Dan rented an electric boat and came over and gave us a ride.  What a hoot!  We went all over the bay.  The seals were funny to watch....they hop up on these boats to sun themselves and when you drive by, they just look at you like... "what????"  People had put poky things around the edge of their boats to keep the seals off, but it wasn't working!

 Ok, this was kind of funny.  The first day we were on the beach, KC got a bad sunburn on his chest.( bad sunscreen application or just the fact that he was reeeeeealy white!)  Anyway, that's not funny at all!  We got some aloe vera and he was putting some on that morning before we went on the boat.  As soon as he put it on, he started itching...then he was going crazy with itching...but he couldn't scratch it because he was sun burnt so bad!   I think he must have had a reaction to the lanicane in it. 
 Well Camille busts out the benedryl....hmmmm this is bad... better take two!    He does so gladly...then slowly slips into a zombie state. 

 He was funny! 


 Saw some cool stuff...John Wayne's home



 Katie came down every night after work,  then took Thursday and Friday off!  So fun to spend that time with her!









 Just doesn't get any better than this...when I go to my happy place....this is where I am.


 Fun night at El Torrito







Happy Anniversary!  You bet it was! 

No comments: