Thursday, September 22, 2011

A few weeks ago,  we went up to Swiss days with Stacey and Rick. 
Swiss Days always makes me feel a little bit sad because that means summer is over.
I don't feel like I've really had a summer this year...not quite sure what happened to it.  Just  a strange year. 
Swiss Day's was fun though.  I love all the fall crafts and cute things.  There were so many people  though, you could hardly move.  Kelley and Rick were amazingly patient and didn't even make that face like...' hurrrrrrrrrry up!  We're dying here!'  And it was really hot too!   Such good guys!  I loved listening to the yodelers...they were  amazing!  I always wished I could have brought mum up there to watch the show they put on.  She would have loved it!
We saw lots of cute things and got a few new ideas for pictures to make.
I only bought one thing....a new picture done by Greg Olsen of Jesus holding two children.  What caught my eye was that the kids looked just like Olivia and Sam.
Even got Greg to sign it. 

After we had our fill of Swiss days...(pie and ice cream to top it off), we headed up to Strawberry.  It was a beautiful evening.  We found a neat place to camp, built a nice fire and had a good dinner with big gooey roasted marshmallows for dessert.
It was great to just be able to sit around the fire and visit and laugh with these good friends.
It was kind of cold in the night, and we woke up to find everything wet with dew. There was a big cloud that seemed to be sitting right upon us which made it kind of eerie cleaning up and taking off.

We fished for a few hours in the morning but didn't do a lot of catching.  Stacey was the lucky one!





 What a fun weekend! 

No comments: