Friday, April 12, 2013

This is a very random bunch of pictures I've been collecting the past little while...
I got to  spend a special evening at the temple last night.  A few weeks ago after Sacrament meeting, I was talking to Cicily and she told me she was going to take out her own endowment.  She asked me if I would like to be there.  I was thrilled to be with her...she has got to be one of my favorite people!  I've watched her grow up  and have seen the challenges she has been given.  I was her young women leader for years.   So proud of her for the choices she has made and the way she has dealt with the some hard things in her life.
There was a sweet spirit there as she was surrounded with friends who love her.
This was the other day when I went over to the shop to take Kelley and KC some lunch.  (will this rain ever stop?)  I pulled into the parking lot and there was only one place left to park. With  all of the rental places full now except for the insurance guy ( and that is almost ready) they need more parking.  Kelley and Dan have been looking at this little house across the street.  It was bank owned and pretty run down...but it has a huge back yard and nice garage in the back.  So they were thinking they would fix up the house, rent it out, then build a parking lot in the back for all the employees of the little strip mall. Dan made an offer to the bank but someone came in lower and got the house. 
Well that afternoon I was over there, Dan came over too and we were talking about the parking problems.  We walked around the place to see if there were any other options.  I suggested the west side of the lot where there is a little room, but part of it belongs to the man next door, so that would be a last resort.
Dan had talked to the guy who had bought the house across the street and told him we were interested in buying it from him.  He is a house flipper and had already started fixing it up. The guy was over there with his crew so we went over there to talk to him and look at the house.  It is a cute little old house.  The people who owned it before must have had the kitchen remodeled because it's really nice and newer...lots of cool cupboards.  They had repaired the roof and cleaned the whole house out and also started framing the basement.  It has a lot of potential.
Kelley, Dan, Bailey and I went back out to the truck to talk about  the house (Brenda had already looked at it) and decided we should give them an offer.  Dan is such a wheeler dealer!  He has a way with people and could pretty much talk anybody into doing anything!   He went back in the house to see what they could work out.  After a while, he came back to the truck and said they worked out a price they were both pretty happy with.  I was glad cause this would be a perfect situation for parking...and  renting out the house would help pay for the property....kind of wary though of the amount of work that needs to be done.  Will I ever see my husband again?

Dan's cute grand daughter Bailey She is a little character.
Kelley has been so busy lately...I don't really know how he keeps going.  He has been working over at the west valley shop trying to get it ready for the insurance guy to move in. Then he has been helping Jamey and Tommy with the bees too.  I'm pretty excited about getting our own little beehives going.  Tommy has had huge success with this spray that they put on the bee boxes and has so many orders for the boxes he can't keep up with them.  So they have a company making the boxes now, but then they have to put this bee feeder into each of the boxes, which Kelley spent two days helping them do, then they are distributing them and all the other things that go along with keeping bees... ( Kelley spent Tuesday driving down to all these little towns in southern Utah to take supplies to all the IFA's with Jamey.That's all before you even have any bees!
.  Kelley and Tommy drove to California to pick up the bees yesterday.   It sounds kind of risky, driving all the way home pulling an open trailer loaded with bees.  He just text me and told me they have to wait till the evening to head home cause the bees are out buzzing around now and don't go back into their house till night.  Ha!  I'm glad he took his bee suit!

These are some seeds I planted about a week ago...Zinnias, Marigolds, Snap dragons...isn't it great to see them poke their little heads out of the dirt!  It makes me happy!
Last fall I couldn't bear to see the geraniums die...they had been so pretty!  So I got a bunch of starts off of them and poked them in some dirt.  I kept them in the window sill and they did really well.  Then about a month ago, when it started getting warm, I transplanted them all into their own pot and took them out on the picnic table.  They didn't really like it out there.  I covered them when it got cold, so I don't think they froze, but the leaves all started turning yellow.  I wasn't watering them too much so I couldn't figure it out.  They weren't getting any direct sunshine, so maybe that was why they were unhappy.  So I clipped off all the yellow leaves, and brought them back in the house.  Now they are thriving again. I guess I'll have to wait till it's warm enough to put them in the ground before I take them out again.  I love geraniums!



Oh these are the doors Kelley finally finished that go in the upstairs rooms. We decided to  put them in all the rooms upstairs so there is 5.  I love how they turned out....now if he would just hang them?   Hate to nag when he is so busy, but seriously...just the one on the bathroom would be great!
Daffodils are powering through this crazy spring...snow one day...winds that flatten them to the ground, then 70 degrees the next day!  I hope to bounce back so well.
So as soon as the ice melted off the pond, we went out to see how the fish fared through the winter.  So sad to see the two cute Coy Candice had got Kelley for his Birthday last year were dead.  But were totally shocked to see this poor fish was still alive!  It's the one that started getting really fat last spring...I mean it was huge...We thought it must be pregnant.  But it never laid eggs or gave birth or what ever fish do.  It just kept getting bigger and bigger.  So then we thought it must have a tumor.  It didn't seem to be bothered by it though and would just zip around in the pond like all the other fish.  It kept growing and growing till I was just sure it was going to burst....seriously a freak show fish.We thought surely it would die over the winter.  But this spring, there it was...bigger than ever.  It isn't moving so good though...just kind of lays on its side at the bottom of the pond.  But when it sees you, it tries to move a little...like it's trying to say 'I'm still alive!'  Kelley thought it would be most humane to whack it on the head and put it out of it's misery, but I don't think I could stand it.  It's survived this long...I think we should just let nature take it's course...what ever that may be.



There was also about a zillion little black fish that have now turned orange that have hatched this spring.  I'm not sure what we will do with all of them...there is sure not enough room for them in the pond...anyone need some fish for your pond?

3 comments:

Angie said...

I am glad they were able to purchase the place. I bet you never do see Kelley he is a busy bee! I love seeing your geraniums they remind me of grandma. I feel bad for the poor fish I wonder if it has a ringworm. Hopefully it will die soon so it can be put out of its misery. I wish I was closer I would take some of the fish.

Paula said...

Will ringworm do that?

Angie said...

yes it happened to my friend's fish :(