Thursday, April 4, 2013

A few pictures from our Easter day...
It was such a nice day!  Kelley spoke in Sacrament meeting and did a great job.  I was so glad Candice and KC could be there to hear him.  His talk was on the atonement and it was pretty cool to hear his thoughts and his testimony about it.  He is a man of few words so it was something we don't hear a lot of.  Reminds me a lot of daddy that way.
 
After church Curtis and his kids came over and we started hunting for our baskets.  Easter bunny was extra evil this year.  It took us all a long time to find them and required many clues.  Benny and Leila were good sports about it and finally found theirs with lots of clues and the hot-cold game.  Really Kelley???  I couldn't even find Benny's!













 Revenge!  The kids helped me hide Kelley's basket.  In the attic behind boxes!  That's a good one!  He looked all over and I finally  had to give him some clues.  I'm such a push over.  I practically gave it away and he found it.  It was fun to see him looking for a change...


KC's was pretty much impossible, and unfortunately, him and Candice made a pact to not ask for any clues this year.  After looking all over outside, Kelley told him it was in the house.  So then KC looked all over in the house.  Then Kelley told him it might not be in an actual Easter basket...that he had taken the stuff out and put it in something else.   mean huh?
I told him it was on the main floor and let him look a while, then I told him when he was getting warm and he finally found it...in a decorative basket on the high shelf around the kitchen that was back behind all the other baskets.  That was a good one too.




I had invited Kelley's dad and Pat over for dinner, but he called and said Pat was having a real bad day and they wouldn't be able to come.  He has not done very well since he got home from the rehab place.  So after we ate dinner, we took some food over there for them.  It amazes me how upbeat and happy Lisle is even though he is dealing with some pretty hard stuff right now.
He had some old pictures to show us that were pretty funny!
I think this was at Peggy's house when we went there for a Christmas party.


 Wow that feels like a life time ago...fun summer get togethers with Kelley's family

That's a sweet memory there...Maxine out in the rose garden.  She loved her roses and being out there working in the yard.

 We have been watching these Bible movies every week and the final one was on Easter night.  They have been really good ( very violent, but I guess that's how it was) and I've learned more about the stories in the Bible from them than I have of years of Sunday school and trying to study the old testament on my own..I gained a whole new appreciation for the old testament prophets and what they went through.   I don't know the old testament stories very good so having them shown to me was helpful!  These last two movies were all about Jesus life and really touched me.  I don't know if it's because I have been studying the atonement and resurrection an extra lot this last month, or the way it was portrayed in this movie, but I just sat there and bawled watching what Jesus went through and did for us...thinking about the love Heavenly Father has for us to allow this to happen is hard to comprehend...thinking of watching one of my kids suffer helps me understand a little bit why He had to go to the ends of the universe  cause he couldn't watch any longer. Can't imagine what I'd do if I didn't have the sure knowledge that because of Jesus' sacrifice, we will all be able to be resurrected and live once again with our families and those we love. My heart is full and I stand all amazed.


No comments: