Monday, April 29, 2013

Hello Kitty
A little project I've been working on for Olivia. She is a huge hello kitty fan.

This crochet dress was the one that came with the pattern. The pattern is pretty cute, but I totally screwed it up.  It has a little button hole flap on the back that somehow ended up on the front so I had the back seam that ended up on the front.Ahhhhhhhhh  Sometimes I don't follow patterns very well.
Anyway, after fretting over it ( I hate when I put time and supplies into a project, then it doesn't turn out like I wanted it to!...ha ha it happens a lot!), I decided I would just sew her a little dress to match her bow.   OK, now I am happy.

Oh man I got a new keyboard (the other one might have been growing a disease between the keys..slopping yogurt on it the other day was the final nail in the coffin) and this one is kind of tricky to get used to.....just a little different placement of the back up key ( which I use a lot)
 
Can I just say how much I love this man!
So Saturday night, we were just winding down getting ready to go to bed.  All of the sudden the thought came to me that Sunday was Emily's birthday!  Oh my gosh, we hadn't made her a frame pin board thing!  I checked my calender..yup no mistake. Sunday was the 28th!   So I told Kelley, (oh dear, I hated to tell him). I need you to make one of those tonight! 
He didn't cuss or anything, just went out to the garage and made one.
I called Bonnie to see if she knew what color Emily liked and she had forgotten all about it too. She had bought all the temple pictures though so she had one of the Salt Lake Temple for her. She told me Emily had said turquoise was her favorite color so i went to my paint supply and found four bottles with (close to) turquoise in them. I figured we could just mix them all together and come up with something.  On further inspection, one bottle was completely dried up ( I haven't been painting too much or replenishing my paint supply lately) and the other bottles just had a little bit in them.  Ahhhhh. (stores closed, freak out)
  Kelley to the rescue again.  He took one of the bottles that was only half way dried up and started adding water to it, then shaking it and trying to get the lumps out.( he has got to be the most patient man I know...I would have just thrown it in the garbage and sat and cried.) He added that to one other bottle that just had a little in it and came up with almost a whole bottle of pretty decent turquoise.
We got up early Sunday morning to paint it and put it together.  It turned out real nice.  Love the color. 
Kelley  doesn't get ruffled by things like this, just jumps in and gets what ever needs to be done, done.  I need to be more like that.




1 comment:

Angie said...

Wow I need to be more like that too he is amazing! You are so lucky to have him :) I love the hello kitty too so cute. You are so talented.