Thursday, April 4, 2013

A few things we have been doing...
The other day I went out in the garage and looked around at all of the neat stuff that we had brought home from mum and daddy's place.  I don't know what's taken me so long, I guess now I just feel like I have some time to work on some projects.  This little table has the neatest carving on it.
It was pretty beat up though so we decided to strip it down as best we could and refinish it.  It's pretty tough to get into all those little intricate carvings so it will take some work.  Kelley got me started with his electric sanders (they are wonderful!) then I sanded by hand all the other places.  I'm excited to see how it will turn out. (still have lots of sanding left to do)
 Love when Candice comes over for lunch...warm enough to jump on the trampoline!  Hurray!

 We've been letting the chickens out quite a bit lately.  They love to dig in the garden.  The other day it rained really hard so there was a lot of worm that came up.  The chickens were happy as could be!




 Lizzy gets so jealous of the food we take into feed the chickens.  When we let them out the other day, she snuck in their pen and got a big piece of cinnamon roll.  She can't much people food anymore though.  She gets sick and throws up.  It's tough to explain to her why the chickens get all the good stuff and she just gets dog food.  She just looks at you with that one eyebrow up and those pleading eyes...then she will reach up and tap you with her paw like "awww  come on, please!"
 Candice came over Saturday and we colored Easter eggs. Love these two so much








 Sticker face
 I was trying to figure how to color the brown eggs so I looked on the Internet and found all these natural ways to do it with beets, cabbage, turmeric and onions.  But I figured by the time I bought all those things, I would spend a lot more than just buying a carton of white eggs.  We decided to try one of the brown eggs in the dye and it turned out real pretty...that's what we will do next year!

OK, this is sad.  I usually get a calender for Christmas or my birthday, but this year I didn't get one for my big calender space.  I've looked a few places but haven't found one I liked so I just left the old calender from last year up there.  Kelley and KC  kept harping at me to get a new calender cause they would look up at that one and the days would be all wrong. 
Then the other day, they had a big fit, took down my cute calender and put this up there instead.  It's actually a seed starter.  I like how he decorated for Easter. 
I'm sure when Tammy came over the other day and looked at that she thought I was real classy.



No comments: