Wednesday, October 22, 2014

We decided to take a quick trip to California to pick up the rest of Katie's things.  KC was on his fall break so I was glad he could go too.  We left super early Wednesday morning and picked up Jimmy on the way.  He had been in Utah deer hunting and needed a ride back to California.  We drove all day and got into California late afternoon.  Kate had driven over from Arizona with Alli and they met up with us. I had found this hotel online called BLVD.  It  had gotten good reviews and was in a good location and pretty good price so we gave it a try. When we went in we were happy to find it was very nice.  I think I would want to stay there again.
 We got down to laguna just in time to see this beautiful sunset, then ate at a fun restaurant called Coyote Grill.  Beautiful view off the deck of the ocean.  I can see why Katie loves California so much...it's like a little paradise.
 We spent the next day at the beach.  The weather was so nice. Unseasonably warm for october.  KC and Kelley didn't really even need the wet suits.  I think the water was warmer than it was in August.


 We went and borrowed Jimmys surfboards and the guys got a good workout trying to ride them.  The waves were coming in every which way  though so it made it pretty tough









 
 My video taking skills leave a lot to be desired.  It was so bright and sunny, I couldn't really see the screen of my phone, so I was just guessing if I had hit the video button or not.  When i checked them out later, I found out I was mostly not.  dang it!  So we got a lot of pictures of my feet, the sand, my fingers...that sort of thing.  So anyway, this was about the best one.  Ha!

 I thought this baby seagull was so cute!  It's little legs would go so fast as it scooted across the sand.  The big seagulls are not cute at all.  They are big greedy food stealers.  We had just walked a few steps away and they attacked my bag of m&ms and tried to carry it off.  Luckily, Katie was close by and got my m&ms away from them.  Then they came back again and tore open my bag of popcorn!  Ha!  I couldn't believe how gutsy they are...not scared of us one bit!! 






 We found tons of pretty shells on the beach this time...I love walking on the beach with my sweetie...there's something so soothing and peaceful about the sound of the waves coming in...I never get tired of it.

 We went over to Landons Friday morning and loaded up the rest of Katie's things.  I know this is hard for Kate.  She has been in California for 8 years and this is kind of like the end of a chapter in her life.  I know there are so many good things ahead for her though and I admire her so much for being strong enough to take this leap of faith.

 We left for home early Saturday morning and were blessed with this beautiful sunrise



 We stopped in Las Vegas to visit Chris on the way home.  They were getting ready for Spencer and Emily's second reception that was going to be that night.  They were having it there at their house and had everything set up really nice.  Lisa and Emily had been working hard getting all the food ready and a lady was just getting there to do the flowers.  We visited a bit, then Kelley and KC helped Chris move some things around, then we got on our way again.  We made it home about 5:30, which was pretty good time. I'm always grateful to come back to our own home...no matter where I travel, I always like home best.



No comments: