Monday, October 20, 2014


 I was glad we made it home in time for Spencers wedding.  He had invited us to the ceremony which was really nice.  It was neat to be able to see inside the newly remodled Ogden Temple.  It was sure beautiful.  Kelley and I took out our own endowments there 36 years ago!  It's not anything like it was then though.  (Although I don't remember even seeing the inside of the temple when we went through for the first time.  I was pretty nervous and it was a lot to take in.)  I remember I was so worried I would forget all the things I had learned and not know what to do.  They didn't have a temple prep class back then like they do now, so I didn't have any idea what to expect.  Boy I sure think it's great that they do that now...it would take away a lot of the worries and you would know that you aren't expected to remember everything, making it a lot more pleasant experience!
Anyway, it was a lovely ceremony and they are a beautiful couple.  She is really a sweetheart and a darling girl.  I'm so glad Spencer found someone to share his life with.  He has been through a lot in his young life and deserves some happiness.
 
 This is Cliff and Emily's new little guy
 After pictures on the beautiful temple grounds, we walked over to this  great mexican restaurant for a family luncheon.  It was nice to get to visit with Kelley's family...Kim, Mia, Fred, Renea, Mark, Chris and Lisa, Emily, Cliff, Maggie and Andrew.  We don't see them very often so this was a happy occasion to get together.
 They had a real nice reception that night at the Weber campus.  It was fun to have the whole family (except Kellen) there.  We took some  pretty good family pictures but I can't find them!  I'll have to get them from the kids. 
 Gosh I'm sure grateful for the blessings of the temple and so glad that families are forever...I find my greatest joy when I am with my sweetheart and these kids and can't imagine my eternity without them!


No comments: