Monday, February 18, 2013

Got to do the funnest thing with my sisters on Saturday.  Teina had mentioned to us about this antique show she had heard about up there at the Weber county fair grounds.  That sounded fun to all of us so we decided to go. 
I picked up Teina and we met Leslie and Brenda at the fair grounds.  The place was packed!  The whole building was filled with booths full of peoples old stuff they wanted to sell.  It was really a hoot to look through ...so much stuff really similar to what we cleaned out of mum and daddy's house.  Really cool old furniture, dishes, books, tools, toys and music.  Right here Teina and Brenda are thinking about giving this lady the beat down cause she is hoarding all the sheet music.  They did get her to give up a copy of Mockingbird Hill after coaxing a while.
This was a cool old picture someone had of the Salt Lake temple being built
This booth had some old toys that were in pristine shape.  They wanted a mint for them, but that's kind of a cool thing to collect.  Leslie said that Alan has some real similar to these old trucks.
Monkey kind of creeps me out.
This was something I had never heard of before...stereo cards.  This guy had a zillion of them.  It's like the view master ( which we also saw a lot of) but just has one slide that you put in it.  Then you look through this thing that is like big binoculars and the picture is all 3-D.  They were pretty cool.
It was interesting to see how technology went along for so many years...not changing or improving that much.  Then when I think about how drastically it started changing in the past 20 years and even more so in the past 5, then I think this is surely happening for a reason...the communication, research, entertainment and information resources that are available are incredible...wait that word is not big enough...they are ASTOUNDING!, AMAZING!..and to my little brain, kind of mind blowing.
Makes me look forward to what will be opened up to us next.
I bet if  the people who owned some of these old contraptions we saw...(phonographs, telephones,) could see what we have now, they wouldn't believe it.
When I finally looked at my watch, it was 3:30!  Wow that day flew by so fast!  We stopped at a place down the street called Grideli's for lunch.  Good food!  Just thoroughly enjoyed the whole day with my sisters...so glad we can get together and stay close and involved in each others lives..

1 comment:

Angie said...

I look forward to doing things with my sisters too. My grandma Joyce is 84 and she still gets together with her sisters! Such a fun tradition :)