Friday, February 24, 2012

Soooo, I said I'd never do it, but this last Saturday I went ice fishing with Kelley, the young women and young men.  I'm not sure what got into me, it must have been because the days have been getting warmer  ( 40's) and I have really been feeling the bug to fish. 
Kelley prepped me for it, reminding me that just cause it's  45 degrees in the valley, it's sure not going to be that warm up at the lake.  I took his warning seriously ( I really hate being cold!) and went and got me some nice warm boots and gloves.
And boy, oh boy was I glad!  It was freakin freezing up there.
The sun was shining, but the temp was 18 when we got there.
It was a lot of fun though.  I haven't got to know the young women in our new ward yet, so it was fun to spend the day with them.

Will Cotner's dad came up and fixed us a real nice breakfast.

Kelley, Reed and Jerry made the holes in the ice and got us all set up.  I was pretty impressed with some of the girls fishing skills....there were a few who had done this before and knew what they were doing.  In fact the only one's that caught fish were two beehives!  Ha!



 Same time, different location,  Camille and Kate were NOT freezing, but sweating as they hiked Camel back in Phoenix.  Glad they could spend the weekend together!

No comments: