Thursday, October 14, 2010

So this was a pretty cool thing that happened. In K.C. 's email yesterday, he talked about this program they showed between the conference sessions about Russia. He told us about his first companion who was featured in the program...Timur Kodirov.
Anyway, I watched the show at mom's but didn't know at the time that they were talking about K.C.'s first branch.
Well today when I was looking through the "Mormon Times" section of the newspaper, there was this big article about some members from Russia and how they joined the church. I was reading along and all the sudden there is the picture of Timur Kodirov. Kelley was like...isn't that the same guy K.C. talked about in his letter? And sure enough it was. They told about how he had had a desire to pray to God but didn't really feel any connection when he said the Orthodox prayers. He wanted to say his own prayers. Then it told how he came to read the book of Mormon and knew of the truth of it. Anyway, I thought it was pretty amazing and just shows what a small world it really is.
K.C's email was sweet. Always makes me re-evaluate myself. If he feels like he needs to work on pride...where does that leave me? He's about the least prideful person I know. Once again...makes me want to try a little harder to do a little better.

p.s. I was pretty much bawling when I heard Elder Hollands talk about what his parents did to support him on his mission. Made me realize what an amazing privilege it is to have this opportunity to support K.C. for this short time while he is serving the Lord. What a blessing it has been to our family...we have seen it over and over again.




Oct 13, 2010

Hey Mom and Dad,
Sounds like you guys enjoyed a nice trip to Arizona. Hope it was hot there. Its turned cold here too, it’s snowing today. That’s way cool that you guys are going to Mexico, you will have to send some pics of the fish you catch so I can show them to people. And could you send in the next package a picture of me with a marlin? I want to show some people, they will love it. Also in the package, my sweaters are kinda ratty, maybe another grey and a black one would be nice too, and maybe some hand warmers, and socks. That’s all I want for Christmas. Did you guys watch the conference world report on Saturday session? It was about my old branch! If you watch it you will see a bunch of the branch members, including Timur Kodirov my old comp who finished his mission and came back and is the Elders Q Pres. They do a whole section on him. Anyway, its cool. Try to find it. President Uchtdorfs talk on pride was awesome, I think it got to every person that watched it is some way, I know it got me to think about how I need to change. We had a good meeting with Alexander this week, I asked him if he felt like what we were teaching him was true, and he said yes. He is just trying to figure out for sure whether he wants to join the church. But of course if we do things right, the spirit will tell him he should. At the end of the meeting he gave us a really sincere thanks and said” I feel close to God". YES! That’s just what I wanted to hear. So things are going well with him, although he couldn’t make it to conference this week. Dad, I got to go to a hockey game this week for our culture evening. It was way cool. I had never been remotely interested in hockey, but it was way exciting. It’s a way rough game, they fight and smash each other against the wall and stuff. It was cool. I am actually not getting transferred, I am staying with Elder White and I will still be district leader, so it’s like nothing will change in 4.5 months. This is the longest that I have been with one comp, but its good that it’s with him because I like him, he's way goofy. We are going to try to build really good relationships with members here this transfer and get them to do missionary work and introduce us to their friends. We are having more success with this "Muslim" kid that we met, at the last meeting he prayed in the name of Jesus Christ and is reading the Book of Mormon, he wants to take us to his house and introduce us to his family and he invites his friends to English club, so things are going good with him. His name is Dian. After watching Elder Holland’s talk about how his parents sacrificed a lot to keep him on his mission, I wanted to thank you for supporting me. The money and the sacrifices couldn’t be devoted to anything greater than supporting the Lords work. Thanks a ton. Love you!
KC

No comments: